SOLVED

Re: Firing a smart campaign within an engagement stream?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Firing a smart campaign within an engagement stream?

I'm using a program within an engagement stream for the first time and something isn't obvious. The engagement stream is set to run every two weeks. I've put a filtered smart campaign in the stream to determine what happens to who, but how does the smart campaign fire? Normally its run once, or scheduled, but when its nested inside an engagement stream does the fact that the stream is set to fire on a certain date at a certain time initiate the smart campaign or do I need to set the smart campaign to fire at the same time and date as the engagement stream in order for it to run?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Julz_James
Level 10

Hi Robert,

If you've put a nested program into a nurture stream when you add the program you can select what smart campaign will fire based on the actions.  So, set up the smart campaign but don't activate it.  The engagement program will do this for you.

Adding a Program to an Engagement Program Stream - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Hope this helps?

Juli

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Robert,

this question belongs to "products" where it will be more likely to get an answers. See ** PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING YOUR MARKETO PRODUCT QUESTIONS HERE **

I've put a filtered smart campaign in the stream to determine what happens to who, but how does the smart campaign fire?

What do you mean by a smart campaign in the stream? Does that mean that you created a smart campaign in the Engagement program?

-Greg

Julz_James
Level 10

Hi Robert,

If you've put a nested program into a nurture stream when you add the program you can select what smart campaign will fire based on the actions.  So, set up the smart campaign but don't activate it.  The engagement program will do this for you.

Adding a Program to an Engagement Program Stream - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Hope this helps?

Juli

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Juli, I read that document but (IMHO) it didnt make it 100% clear, hence my question - I've since then checked it out and you're absolutely right. Thanks.

Julz_James
Level 10

No problem.  Hope I helped 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Robert, I have the same problem as you and I couldn't figure it out - the smart campaign does not fire - could you let me know how did you succeed? thanks.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

But it does fire.  As long as you place the proper smart campaign - in this case, "Send eDM", which includes the "send email" flow step - the EP will take care of the rest based on stream cadence.  In this example, it will fire every Tuesday at Noon.  You don't even need to touch the Schedule tab in the smart campaign.

pastedImage_0.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your time.

Yes, I am adding the right smart campaign, it's a batch one, so I am using a filter for it, and  for its flow a Send Email action.

I would like to send the email only to a certain group of people. Is it necessary to firstly add all the possible members for the Program or the Engagement Program, and then filters of the smart campaign are  applied on them? Because now, neither of them have any members, being newly created.

Thanks.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Wim - yes, you first need to add members into the EP.  EPs do not affect any leads that are not existing members.  And one of your filters within that smart campaign must be "member of engagement program". Then all of you other filters will be applied just to those members.

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, it finally works, thank you for your help!