Filters in Marketo Anonymous Visitor tab in Salesforce not working

Lauren_Nickels-
Level 1

Filters in Marketo Anonymous Visitor tab in Salesforce not working

I'm wondering if something in the last release affected the ability for Reps to customize their anonymous visitor views on the Marketo Tab in Salesforce.  I'm getting pinged by my sales team that the filters they used to be able to check for states and country for example cannot be selected all of a sudden.  Anyone else experiencing this?

7 REPLIES 7
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Filters in Marketo Anonymous Visitor tab in Salesforce not working

Hey Lauren, I believe this would be related to the new release where in short, the Anonymous features are no longer available. Check out this article for more: Anonymous Lead Upgrades Overview

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Lauren,

It's likely to be linked to the release last week and the removal of the anonymous leads. See here: Removal of "Is Anonymous" filters.

Justin Cooperman may have a better answer.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm experiencing the same thing, but when I asked about this during office hours weeks ago, they said that Anonymous data would still be visible and I just needed to change filters from "Is anonymous" to "email is blank". This isn't working though.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Christina, unfortunately, based on what I've read it sounds like that was bad information that was passed along to you. My understanding of it is that you won't have data on someone until they're known to your database. Anonymous information is not being passed along anymore so that it frees up a lot of resources for Marketo.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great news! This report still works and Justin Kitagawa​ showed me how to fix it. I originally had a field on the set up tab "Includes is anonymous". The release changed this field to "Activity Source" and made a default value of no anonymous visitors. Changing that field back to Anonymous visitors (now with the option to remove ISPs!) fixed my problem.

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

This should still work, even after the release. The product owner is aware of this and is investigating. Please file a support ticket, just for tracking and so that support can keep you updated.

Lauren_Nickels-
Level 1

Yup.  I'll log a support ticket.