Filter lead by original source

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter lead by original source

Hello,

I was wondering if it's possible to filter leads in a list by which engagement program they came from? Right now this is how my campaigns are set up:

• Lead gets added to engagement program A/B/C/etc
  • Lead is sent a series of emails, then eventually exhausts all content
  • I created a smart campaign so that when a member of this engagement program exhausts all content s/he will be added to engagement program "newsletter"

What I'm trying to do is create a list of some sort that can tell me which engagement program (A/B/C/etc) each lead in the destination engagement program "newsletter" came from. Is this possible?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Filter lead by original source

Hi Kevin,

You can create a smart list with the "was added to engagement program" filter (constraint : program is A ) + Is member of engagement program (constraint : program is Newsletter). You will need 3 smart lists, one for A; one for B and one for C

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Greg. So there is no native function to have 1 report or list containing all the leads in "newsletter", but with a column listing their source engagement program? I have a lot of engagement programs (not just A/B/C, about 20+), with more being added, it would be much more convenient if it was more automated.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Kevin, you could have a custom field for "Engagement Program" and everyone is stamped by a master program when they're added to a specific engagement program. Then, you could just show all members of that newsletter program, and display the field on your column view.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Kevin,

+1 on Dory, what you are asking for means a mechanism on the lead object and a smart campaign to populate that field when the lead enters the programs A/B/C so that you can report on it later. Not very flexible since, and drives you on the long term to add many fields for a 1 time usage.

If what you need is a count, the approach with smart lists can be used together with lead performance report and custom columns to provide you will a handy report.

-Greg