Filter by date range or add date column on basic reports

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter by date range or add date column on basic reports

I've created a program performance report using a simple report and used smart list to pull in leads created per week grouped by web form.

The set up of the report is very limited. There weren't too many options on the left column. Screenshot of the report set up:

Screen Shot 2016-05-06 at 2.04.08 PM.png

Screenshot of report:

Screen Shot 2016-05-06 at 2.05.57 PM.png

When I try to filter the report by clicking on that funnel icon on the upper left, "All time, Programs", it takes me back to the set up tab (screen shot 1). I can't seem to filter by dates, or at least add in a created/ acquired date column which I can then filter in excel. The programs containing web forms are set up with an acquisition date stamper... not sure where to go from here.

I've looked at other, similar questions that suggested grouping by month or by dates.. but I also can't find that option in drill down or set up.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help out a novice to Marketo!

Best,

Lina

6 REPLIES 6
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Filter by date range or add date column on basic reports

Hi Lina,

AFAIK, this will require RCE.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your quick reply and attempt, Greg.

Perhaps there is a user who remember their basic Marketo days who can help out?

I know that my Marketo instance doesn't have RCA and I managed to pull another kind of basic report (Lead Performance Report) that gave me a date range possibility. The output of this lead performance report was a count of all newly acquired leads within that date range. Unfortunately on that report, I couldn't split by the form that acquired the lead and therefore, opted for the Program Performance Report.

PS - I am assuming the ability to filter or limit an export of any performance data by dates is a basic feature to any reporting function. I can't imagine that Marketo considers applying dates on reports an even more premium feature. If that is so, perhaps someone from Marketo can confirm this.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

I remember my basics and I am sure it is not possible to add a date column nor filter program perf report by date...

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again Greg. Didn't mean to offend! Most of the answers on the forum has referenced RCA/ RCE. If it's the case that date ranges aren't possible, that is certainly helpful.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

No problem

Reporting limits are many and yes, RCE is often the answer. I agree we need more possibilities in std reporting.

The good news is that I understand that RCE can now be acquired as an option, no need to be an enterprise customer.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure you vote for this idea here:

I'm beginning to believe that standard Marketo reporting is so limited on purpose to force you to buy their EXPENSIVE RCA reporting tools. So frustrating.