Fills Out Facebook Lead Ads Form Trigger not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fills Out Facebook Lead Ads Form Trigger not working

We recently implemented the Facebook Launchpoint service and created our first lead ad. The leads seem to be populating into Marketo correctly and routing to our correct partition. The problem comes when we try to use the "Fills Out Facebook Lead Ads Form" trigger in a campaign. The leads come into Marketo and ideally we would like to send them an email after this happens so our campaign is as follows:

Smart list is TRIGGER "filled out facebook lead ads form"

Flow is "send email".

We tested this several times (following Marketo's intructions for testing lead ads) using several different Facebook accounts and every single lead came into Marketo and never recieved an email. We created a smart list with a FILTER "Filled out Facebook Lead ads form" and all the leads are indeed there.

We have a work around, but it is not ideal, as these new leads will not get their "welcome" email immediately after signup. It seems that the FILTER is working but the TRIGGER is not. If anyone has a similar issue or can offer a solution please feel free to leave feedback below. Thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fills Out Facebook Lead Ads Form Trigger not working

I'm interested too, following...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filed a support ticket (finally) and hopefully they'll be able to shed some light. I have spent way too much time trying to get this to work!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem, and also filled out a ticket today.

Can you please post your findings when they get back to you?

I'll do the same.

Thanks!

Kyle_Chandler1
Level 1

following ...any update here?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm working with support on this.

They want me to provide a link to the ad, which is hard to do.

I've also been asked to create a test ad to share with them.

Working on all of that now.

DeAnna_Humphrey
Level 2

I am working on this now, I would like to know the findings if anyone has accomplished receiving the answers. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure I can explain this fully without explaining our entire Marketo instance but here's my short answer to this problem. Turns out, due to our unique partition routing rules that run before anything else, we had to set these campaigns up in our production partition or they would not properly run through all the steps since the Lead source is through the API.  Check to make sure you don't have any existing things that happen to leads before you're able to see them is the best advice I can give, although I'm sure our circumstance may be unique in that regard.