SOLVED

Fill out form from empty email address

Go to solution
John_Tester
Level 1

Fill out form from empty email address

Hi All,

Today, I saw a lead created in Marketo with empty email address and the tricky part was it was from a form fill out? What could be the possible reason for this? Also, I have kept the email address field " as required" in the form?

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Fill out form from empty email address

It's a Marketo form embedded on non- Marketo LP

In that case there's an underlying reliance on JS to render the form, so you can't just disable JS as a whole because then the form won't show at all. You have to disable JS after the form renders, but before submitting.

I recommend adding the form to a Marketo LP so you can quickly see how it can be submitted without JS and without any user-entered field values.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Sonali_Jadeja3
Level 4

It sounds unusual. Could you post a screenshot of lead's activity log and form fill activity detail here?

John_Tester
Level 1

Screenshot_11.png

Here, is the attached screenshot.

SanfordWhiteman

It sounds unusual.

Not at all, it's just the reality of form validation.

SanfordWhiteman

Any person who posts with JavaScript disabled, or automated bot, is not subject to the browser-side "Required" flag.

John_Tester
Level 1

I disabled the Javascript for my Chrome browser and tried to submit again but still was not able to submit. How can I test this scenario please?

SanfordWhiteman

Is this is a Marketo LP, or a form embed on a non-Marketo LP?

John_Tester
Level 1

SanfordWhiteman

In that case there's an underlying reliance on JS to render the form, so you can't just disable JS as a whole because then the form won't show at all. You have to disable JS after the form renders, but before submitting.

I recommend adding the form to a Marketo LP so you can quickly see how it can be submitted without JS and without any user-entered field values.

John_Tester
Level 1

Thank you so much Sanford, I was able to test. Now question comes, how can I prevent these leads from entering Marketo? I have already added "Spambot" as a hidden field in the embedded form and any lead who has a value in Spambot is deleted. But, for this specific lead I see Spambot field as empty.

Thanks