Re: File Upload Field

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI,

How can it be included in an email alert when someone fills out the form ?

thanks

Paul_Drago
Level 2

Benolt,

Write the URL to a field in marketo-- then do something like <a href="My.Token">Click Here to Download</a>

Knight_Frank
Level 1

Hi Sanford.

I have begun using Uploadcare on your recommendation and really like it! Thank you. 

I'm wondering if you ever figured out how to upload multiple files using one Marketo form and uploadcare? 

Cheers

Liza

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Glad you're liking it!

I actually never tried multiple until just now. I think I see your question (maybe). Getting the link to the file group is no problem (see here) but you have to follow the group link to see the individual files. Are you wondering if there's a way to write the paths of the individual files in the group to different fields?

Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@SanfordWhiteman ,

I am trying to get this going.  

I'm working on this page

https://www.metlifecare.co.nz/mothers-day-messages

So far it isn't file uploader.  I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but I cannot see it (my JS is marginal at the best of times - and while I can see the intent of what is happening, I'm blowed if I can debug the issue 🙂 )

As an FYI - I stripped the CSS out from your codepen example to see if that is the issue, nope - not it.  

Thoughts?

SanfordWhiteman

You have all manner of extra HTML sprinkled in your JS, that'll never work.

2020-04-30 21_39_27-Mothers Day Messages - Metlifecare.png

Remember to check your F12 Console first and foremost, this error is easy to spot:

2020-04-30 21_40_39-Mothers Day Messages - Metlifecare.png

Jo_Pitts1

Grr.. CMS is injecting all that rubbish.

Take out all the blank lines, and hey presto!!!!

That then meant I could sort out the one remaining issue around validation (I hadn't swapped the field name), remove the test email code, and stuff actually worked!!!!!

Now to try and back fill your amazing form prefill code that I use all over the place

SanfordWhiteman

🙂
Jo_Pitts1

@SanfordWhiteman,

Hmm... And I've manifestly failed.

I've been using this code

<!-- \ Mkto Munchkin lib / -->
<!-- / Mkto Forms 2.0 container, library, load form \ -->
<script src="//info.metlifecare.co.nz/js/forms2/js/forms2.min.js"></script><form id="mktoForm_185"></form><script> MktoForms2.setOptions({ formXDPath : "/rs/179-LVM-746/images/marketo-xdframe-relative.html" }); MktoForms2.loadForm("//info.metlifecare.co.nz", "179-LVM-746", 185);</script> 
<!-- \ Mkto Forms 2.0 container, library, load form / -->
<!-- / TEKNKL extended libraries \ -->
<script id="teknklSimpleDTO-1.0.4" src="https://metlifecare.co.nz/teknkl-simpledto-1.0.4.js"></script>
<!-- \ TEKNKL extended libraries / -->
<!-- / Call DTP to pre-fill form \ -->
<script>
  var DTO = new SimpleDTO({
  domain: "metlifecare.co.nz",
  dataSrc: "https://info.metlifecare.co.nz/MLC-Form-Pre-fill-Landing-Page.html",
  debug: true,
  mode: "receive",
  cb: function(instance){
  var mktoFields = DTO.getGlobal()["mktoPreFillFields"];  
  DTO.cleanup();  
  MktoForms2.whenReady(function(form) {
  form.setValuesCoerced(mktoFields);
 });
 }
 });
</script>
<!-- \ Call DTP to pre-fill form / --

which is a combo of your pre-fill and getting around cross domain tracking issues code... but can't work out how to make it work with my new stuff... 

Jo_Pitts1

@SanfordWhiteman ,

have you had any joy getting the upload button to appear somewhere in the middle of the form? (i.e. between a couple of fields).

I took the code that renders the upload button and threw it into a richtext element on the form to see if that would magically work. It did not 😞

Any brilliant ideas?