SOLVED

Re: File/Image Redirect

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

File/Image Redirect

Does anyone know how I can redirect a .pdf that is saved in the Design Studio/Image and Files area? 

I have an old datasheet I'll call 'Datasheet Product X.pdf" that is no longer current.  My new datasheet is not only for Product X, but also now includes Product Y.  So the name of my new datasheet is "Datasheet Product XY.pdf".

I don't want to replace the original .pdf in Marketo, because they are not the same document nor are they the same name.  What I really want to do is a redirect.

Also, by just doing a simple file replacement - someone will go to the old URL for my Product X pdf and when they open it they're going to see a document that says Product XY, but a URL and file title that just says Product X.

I know how to setup a redirect for a Marketo page - but how can I do this for an image/pdf?

Any help with this would be appreciated.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Stephanie, 

for as far as I knowthe redirect you are looking for is not possible. I'm afraid you'll have to replace the old file or add another one. 

Good luck!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Stephanie, 

for as far as I knowthe redirect you are looking for is not possible. I'm afraid you'll have to replace the old file or add another one. 

Good luck!
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK,  maybe, maybe, maybe, you can delete the file. Then set up a landing page with the exact same name (e.g. go.company.com/datasheetproductx.pdf) and then re-direct that one. to your new file. Small chance though. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning, Stephanie!

I took a look at getting a Marketo redirect rule to apply to Images and Files assets but currently they do not.  I would highly suggest creating a Community Idea as I believe this would be a great side feature to have in addition to being able to rename the assets themselves.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Jesse
Premier Support Team
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would love to see this made available. Disappointed that it's not currently an option.

Grant_Booth
Level 10

Would someone like to create in idea for this? In Support we get requests for this occasionally, but I'm only finding discussions about it in the Community. Creating an Idea will help bring it to the attention of our Product team as they make decisions about new features and enhancements.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If there is a document link that is product-based and it is common for the product to be updated often, then is it possible to use the Rich Text editor Token at the Program level on the pages and emails that this URL will appear? Then you can just update the Token each time the URL needs to be updated, but not lose the original URL in the Design Studio.

Not sure if this is possible... but it is what I would try. Unless, of course, you have this URL on more than 5-10 pieces of communication... that would be a lot of time dedicated to updating pages. Then having that redirect is greatly needed.

-Newbie to Marketo