SOLVED

Field type that collects all checkboxes values?

Go to solution
Charles_Sander1
Level 4

Field type that collects all checkboxes values?

Before I go making several test fields that don't work, I figured I'd ask here...

I've added a Checkboxes field to a form so the user can make multiple choices ( with underlying numeric value 1, 2, etc.). The lead's underlying field for this choice is currently an integer type. But that doesn't record multiple values if the user chooses more than one. It appears to only take the first value from the checkboxes.

In order to get a field with the multiple choices, what field type should I use? My intent, is then to create a segmentation on those values to customize an autoreply.

(I'm presuming string or formula?)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Field type that collects all checkboxes values?

Simply choose the String type -- in theory. However, if you're going to be filtering on numeric strings within a semicolon-delimited list, you can have false positives.

For example, the string

3; 9; 52

will mistakenly match "2".

So the better way to work it is to store leading zeros, up to the practical (ha) max:

0003; 0009; 0052

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Field type that collects all checkboxes values?

Simply choose the String type -- in theory. However, if you're going to be filtering on numeric strings within a semicolon-delimited list, you can have false positives.

For example, the string

3; 9; 52

will mistakenly match "2".

So the better way to work it is to store leading zeros, up to the practical (ha) max:

0003; 0009; 0052