Field Management shows "Field Mapping" and can not add "Custom Fields"

Anonymous
Not applicable

Field Management shows "Field Mapping" and can not add "Custom Fields"

We are stuck in a situation where we can not create new Custom Fields, when we try to click on Field Management it shows "Field Mapping" and none of the buttons below will turn us back.
2018-02-17_23-50-47.jpg
When we do click on "Finish Mappings" it takes us to Salesforce and the only buttons there are either to Sync or edit mapping again which brings us back to the above.
2018-02-17_23-51-58.jpg

The Reset Schema / Break Mapping is not helping either.

How can we resolve this without doing the Salesforce Sync?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Field Management shows "Field Mapping" and can not add "Custom Fields"

Hi Hossein,

You cannot change the mapping between Marketo fields and SFDC fields here. The only way to have Marketo fields mapped with SFDC ones is to create the fields in SFDC and let them sync to Marketo.

Also, there is a known limitation to the mapping, see here:

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick reply. I may have not written it well. Basically what I mean is this is gone -> Create a Custom Field in Marketo - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

I am unable to create new custom fields. If you see the screenshots when I click on "Field Management" there is no "Fields" tab with the capacity to create new custom fields.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Hossein,

You cannot create fields in the Salesforce nor the field mapping tab that your screenshots are showing. The only place you can do this is in the field management:

pastedImage_0.png

But be aware, the fields you create in Marketo will never show up in SFDC and will not be mapped with any SFDC field. If you want to create a field in Marketo that maps with an SFDC field, create that field in SFDC and it will automatically show up in Marketo if the sync user is entitled to see it.

-Greg