SOLVED

Feedback wanted: Using tokens inside Triggers in Smart Campaigns

Go to solution
Chris_Willis1
Level 8 - Champion

Feedback wanted: Using tokens inside Triggers in Smart Campaigns

I would like to, as part of my campaign framework, to use the My Tokens in my template programs as much as possible.  In some cases (such as video views, etc.) I would like to use a token to supplant the video name and the video ID code that I receive from Vidyard (our video marketing tool). 

I am able to get the page and the video to render/play, but in the cases where I've inserted the token for the video URL into the Smart Campaign trigger (screenshot below) the trigger is not firing even though the URL from Vidyard matches the title I provided in the {{my.vidyard_title}} token in my program.

Are there ways to work around this issue, or is it not currently possible to trigger off My Tokens? 

pastedImage_0.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Feedback wanted:  Using tokens inside Triggers in Smart Campaigns

Hi again Chris,

You will find a workaround here:

(and also the opportunity to vote)

-Greg

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Feedback wanted: Using tokens inside Triggers in Smart Campaigns

Hi Chris,

Why are there some spaces in the URL?

Greg

Chris_Willis1
Level 8 - Champion

The spaces in the URL are generally how Vidyard pushes the "Views Web Page" actions through the API.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi again Chris,

You will find a workaround here:

(and also the opportunity to vote)

-Greg

Chris_Willis1
Level 8 - Champion

Thanks for the link to the Idea... Do you have any feedback from the Product team regarding adding this feature? 

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Chris,

No I have not, unfortunately

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Chris,

Have you tested different variations token/url combination? For example, I would suggest trying one or both of the following variations:

• Visits web page contains vidyard.com/Watched{{my.vidyard_title}}:100 where your token value is [title] but you exclude the % symbol at the end to avoid potential url encode issues (I would consider this the most likely source of trouble, given the example you posted)
  • Visits web page contains vidyard.com/Watched{{my.vidyard_title}} where your token value is [title]:100 just in case the issue is caused by trying to concatenate [string] {{my.token}} [string] instead.

It might also be worth including the http or https (whichever of those is appropriate) in your URL field.

Chris_Willis1
Level 8 - Champion

Thanks Amelia!  I believe Vidyard adds that space after "Watched" and the player title, but these are great ideas. 

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Tokens aren't supported in Smart Lists of Smart Campaigns. Meaning you cannot use them at all in triggers or filters.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Chris, you might like my method here: https://nation.marketo.com/ideas/7093#comment-21200