Re: Fall Release: Sending emails based on recipient timezone!

ChristinaZuniga
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I am located in Santa Barbara and Marketo is here in CA, winter does not exist haha

Dan_Stevens_

FYI - Another thread was started today which includes additional details: Release Notes: Fall '17: Recipient Time Zone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys, let me try to provide some clarity. We are going to support deliver in person time zone for both email programs and nurture programs in our 4 release. This will be a slow roll out and we are planning to have this completed in less than one month. The time zone calculation will be based on city, state, zip code, country fields and we will defer to then inferred versions of those fields in the event that we are unable to derive the time zone from what is provided for each person in the standard fields. If we are still unable to derive the persons time zone from the inferred field values, the person will qualify based on what the user has set for the program.

Dan_Stevens_

Frank Passantino​, will this apply to child programs - with individual "send email" smart campaigns - within Engagement Programs (and not just single emails within EPs)?

pastedImage_0.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dan, the Deliver in Recipient Time Zone feature will only apply to Engagement Program streams with single emails as cast content and Email Programs. Standalone batch campaigns and batch campaigns selected as casts in engagement programs streams will not be supported.

Dan_Stevens_

Wow, that’s a shame - unfortunately this will be of no use for us, based on how we build/use Engagement Programs.  When I first saw this announced, I guess I communicated prematurely to our team what I thought was going to be a game-changing feature. Is it on the roadmap to eventually extend this to default programs as well?

Bonnie_Jeffers2
Level 4

Agree with Dan and Dave. This wasn't fully thought through on how users manage engagement campaigns.

Dave_Cunningham
Level 4

I agree with Dan. This is too bad. Hopefully you guys will eventually roll this out for default programs as well. The majority of our emails are sent as batch campaigns in default programs.

Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Shame we can't use another field ....we use ISOCountry on the Account to determine when to send (we're very global). But this is a significant improvement. I remember being able to do this in Eloqua by throwing to a subroutine program, but there was no easy solution in Marketo. This will help!

Ayan_Talukder
Level 5

Hi Phillip, do you know what field Marketo uses for the Recipient Timezone? I've seen a few responses mentioning different fields. So far it sounds like a combination of State/Province and Country?