Re: Failed while sending emails

Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

Failed while sending emails

Killing myself for missing the screen shot.

I had an Email Send program scheduled for 6/16 at 10:15am.  We just looked at it (on 6/23) and it never ran. The schedule block says "Failed while sending emails."

i don't see any reason why it would have failed.  The weird thing?  It failed at 8:38am when it was set to run at 10:15.  I looked in the Notification Log and I don't see any alerts about this. 

Any explanation from others who have experienced this?

Robb Barrett
9 REPLIES 9
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Robb,

anything in the activity logs?

-Greg

Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

"I looked in the Notification Log and I don't see any alerts about this."

Members tab is blank, too.

Robb Barrett
Geoff_Krajeski1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

So no error codes or notifications?

I've seen emails fail because of missing subject lines or invalid from/reply addresses, but other than nothing!

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Very strange. Maybe it was doing some kind of pre-processing and it failed? Were there any test conditions set up in the program?

Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

Nothing of the sort.  Plain, vanilla email send. The kind I do 10 times a week with no problems.

Robb Barrett
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Can you clone everything in it but change the send list to just yourself, and see if it fails? If it isn't something in the email I'd say it's (unfortunately) just a hiccup

Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

OK, so I got an error this time.  Weird, the limit for our campaigns is set at 10,000 leads and last time this counted the leads in the SL there were only 2,281.

FIGURED IT OUT: The targeting number didn't update when the program was cloned. When I updated it again, the number was significantly higher.

Message 6232016 95126 AM.bmp.jpg

Robb Barrett
Geoff_Krajeski1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

That limit seems extremely low.  I send out 50K+ on a regular basis for mass client announcements as in the case of our recent acquisition.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You also might experience this if you're sending using the Email Batch Program. Although all I got was the same as you: "Failed while sending emails."

If you go into the Setup of the program, you can opt to ignore limits.

Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 1.19.16 PM.png