SOLVED

Fail to send soap message to marketo on some cases with error " 20012 - Request not understood"

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fail to send soap message to marketo on some cases with error " 20012 - Request not understood"

Hi, on some cases for no aparent reson when i send:
soap.syncMultipleLeads(params, authHdr);
I get this error:
javax.xml.ws.soap.SOAPFaultException: 20012 - Request not understood

I have no idea why this happens and i don't see any problem with the message i am sending.

This happends to our customer that uses a webhook to send a message to our system and our system sends an update back to marketo some of the fields.

Any ideas what might cause this error?
thanks
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fail to send soap message to marketo on some cases with error " 20012 - Request not understood"

Amnon
I hope you know that webhooks can consume responses in JSON/XML.  Of course, this works only if you are able to send the responses within 30ms of getting the Webhook call.  

As for this case, I'd suggest you log a support ticket - we'll investigate and let you know why you are getting an exception

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fail to send soap message to marketo on some cases with error " 20012 - Request not understood"

Amnon
I hope you know that webhooks can consume responses in JSON/XML.  Of course, this works only if you are able to send the responses within 30ms of getting the Webhook call.  

As for this case, I'd suggest you log a support ticket - we'll investigate and let you know why you are getting an exception

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi, you mean 30 seconds - right?
My problem occured on rare occasions. so it is not a matter of not returning the right response.
I will add a support ticket.
thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable

No 30 ms - I'm referring to this feature https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000L8wiCAC