Aaron_Dear
Level 3

Facebook Lead Ads: empty name fields in Marketo after submission

The Issue:

Our FB Lead Ads currently use 3 fields:

1. Full Name
  2. Company Name
  3. Email

However, the Full Name field isn't seen in Marketo - so they hit the database with just an email address and company.

Stranger still, if I separate the Full Name field into First and Last Name, I get the Last Name, but not the First Name, which leads me to suspect something's amiss with the First Name field.

If I go to fill the form out again on Facebook, my details (including full name) are populated, so FB remembers - just Marketo does not.

Screenshots:

Marketo's mapped fields - FB Support noted double-mapping could cause problems, so I unmapped "Full Name" when testing "First Name" and "Last Name", and I also tried mapping the converse (Full Name mapped, First+Last unmapped).

Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 11.28.41 AM.png

Here are the fields used in our FB Lead Ads:

Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 11.23.28 AM.png

Any thoughts appreciated! What are common FB Lead Ads-related issues you've seen that could be messing with this?

7 REPLIES 7
Srujan_Vishwana
Level 4

Re: Facebook Lead Ads: empty name fields in Marketo after submission

Hi Aaron Dear​ Sometime the Facebook launchpoint integration might not be connected properly with Marketo. I have faced a similar issue in the past. It's like tapping on the television to get better picture clarity. Just delete the Facebook service under launchpoint and set-up a new service from the scratch and test it again.

Let me know if that works.

Regards,

Sru

Aaron_Dear
Level 3

This... might actually work. Give you a heads up if this works - though this does make me worry about the reliability of the service!

Aaron_Dear
Level 3

Hey Srujan,

You made a valiant effort, but alas - my lead ads still have no name population. I'll send a message to my AE and see if I get resolution.

Kim_Meyers
Level 4

I have deleted, then added the service multiple times and it's still not working for me. I'm having the same issue as Aaron Dear​.

First, Last, Company and City aren't mapping. The rest are (address, state, email, zip).

I have gone through all of the mapping, read so many threads, I can't find a solution!

Srujan_Vishwana
Level 4

Hi Kim Meyers​ and Aaron Dear​,

The issue here is at the REST API. A common misconception with the Facebook LeadAds mapping is the use of the REST API field names.

For Example - First Name field mapped with firstName
Instead - First Name has it's own specific mapping name in Facebook which is first_name

Below is a list of field names that are for the Facebook field mapping fields.

city

company_name

country

date_of_birth

email

first_name

job_title

last_name

phone_number

post_code

state

street_address

Please do check this at the field mapping level and let me know if the fix helps?

Regards,

Sru

Kim_Meyers
Level 4

I went to LaunchPoint and set up a new service for "Facebook Lead Ads".

I don't see an option for the filed names you specified, ie company_name.

Do I need to set it up as a custom service instead, per these

instructions: http://developers.marketo.com/rest-api/

Kim Meyers

Rohde & Schwarz USA, Inc.

Office: +1 410-910-7944

E-Mail: Kim.Meyers@rsa.rohde-schwarz.com

Aaron_Dear
Level 3

Yep, I've got that same question. It's unfortunate, but I'm OK with a custom service if it means getting my data corrected!