Re: Facebook Lead Ad not capturing Leads

Aida_Kamber
Level 2

I was also able to make our connection work. The ads are performing REALLY well.

How has your experience been with Facebook Lead Ad forms?

John_Westley
Level 4

With a targeted FB Custom Audience of about 350,000 people we have been getting new leads in the system for about $1.75. The offer is free video training and weekly emails.

Aida_Kamber
Level 2

We were going through our FB reporting of lead ad form and realized that many leads are not showing up in Marketo. FB lead export list of leads is much larger that the number of leads in Marketo. I have put a ticket in with Marketo to see what the problem may be but it looks like the API connection is not working as well as I had hoped.

They are all filling out the same form so it's strange that some are coming through and other are not.

Tyson_Jurgens
Level 4

Se helpful! Thanks John, I was having the same issue and this solved it perfectly!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How did you make your Facebook Lead Ad work I am having issues with the one we just went live with. Everything was set up properly and I even had my consultant check the campaign - now it is not working. Please assist!

John_Westley
Level 4

Hey Christina ... need some more detail to troubleshoot.

Do you have screenshots on your FB & Marketo setup?

Anonymous
Not applicable

John: I was able to get it working I had to add a constraint to pull data into Marketo.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Needed feedback on getting lead ads to work. Have setup launch point and authorised the integration email and granted it admin access to the ad accounts in Facebook. However when pushing leads, am unable to see the lists in the existing audience drop down. Have couple of existing lists for one ad account which works fine, but it doesn't work for the second ad account. Any thoughts on why the existing list doesn't show in the drop down when pushing leads from marketo? Any idea why it works for one ad account but not the second one (note, the new list, gets sent to 1st ad account instead of where it should be going, which is the 2nd ad account) - yes am selecting the correct ad account when pushing leads?

Hazel_Pinheiro
Level 1

Thanks John this solved the issue for me too.

For what it's worth, my learnings from setting up Facebook lead ads (so far) are:

1. Don't worry about putting any field IDs on the form - the default option of "none" seems to work

2. Set up the ad in Facebook ad manager. Before testing the ad, place the order but Turn the AdSet OFF and leave the Ad ON. It cannot be the other way around, otherwise the form will not appear in Marketo drop down lists.

3. To test the ad, in Facebook ad manager preview the ad on mobile device (sends notification to mobile).

4. Set up the Marketo campaigns to monitor filled out Facebook lead ad form xx (it should now populate in marketo). There are no utm codes sent through from Facebook so I added campaigns in Marketo to add the utm code values relevant according to which form has been completed.

Joey_Forcelli
Level 1

Facebook lead ads are not working for me either.

I have authorized the account, selected the page I wanted to manage, activated the campaigns and ad-sets.....nothing.  I do not see (in FB) that there is an established connection.  None of my forms are showing up in smartlists nor are my test leads coming through.