SOLVED

Re: Extra costs of Calendar

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Extra costs of Calendar

Am I the only one whose is disappointed over the costs associated with the marketing calendar for more than 5 users? 

Over 2 years ago we were sold on switching to Marketo in large part because of this "just around the corner" release of the calendar.   Now two years later mid-year, after I'm sure most of us are locked down in budgets, to add on additional costs to user teams just doesn't sit well with me. 

Will the Admin user at least not be included in the 5 free users?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

We were extremely disappointed when learning of this - especially since we are a global organization with 50+ Marketo users (requiring an additional $15,000 USD!).  But what's most upsetting is the fact the we were specifically told at Marketo Summit that this would not be an add-on item like Real-Time Personalization.  We therefore will not be utilizing this as our central Marketing calendar (not to mention that it's not sharable beyond Marketo - which our teams outside of Marketo need access to).

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

It doesn't impact us directly since there are a small amount of people who access Marketo on a daily basis, but unless there are sharing capabilities that don't require a license, then it loses a significant part of the functionality that Marketo is trying to push it as having. It won't be our team's primary calendar that we utilize, and will become just another calendar similar to the ones that they were dismissing in all of the webinars to announce the new functionality. Definitely a little bit disappointing if these limitations exist. Still waiting on the roll-out for our area.
Kim_Allen
Level 10

Have either of you figured out how to designate which 5 users get to have the calendar view?
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Kim, my understanding is that for now everyone will have access to it, but after the August release we will need to designate the users.

Also, I could have sworn they were going to send an email prior to the update... came in this morning to the update, but either way, it's cool!
Kim_Allen
Level 10

Yeah I like it! I know they said everyone will have the calendar for a little while and then we have the 5 user limit. I just wanted to go ahead and designate our 5 since I know who it'll be already... that way ppl don't get too used to the calendar (that won't get it) and we don't risk being charged extra. Idk. Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a little irked by the limited calendar licensing. Other MA tools include (and have had it for years) and make it available for everyone. Seems like they're more likely to upset a lot of customers in order to make an extra $50 ARPU—I don't know what they're actually charging for an extra calendar license, and while its a cool and much needed functionality,  don't think people would pay a la carte more than $30 annually for it per user.
Anonymous
Not applicable

From my understanding after the 5 free licenses, you have to buy the 10 extra users bundle at $250 per month, then you can add on 1 user at a time at $25 a month.

$3000 extra a year for 6-15 users
Cheral_Jansen
Level 2

The limit of 5 users is annoying, especially since they've changed their minds on this a number of times...
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

We were extremely disappointed when learning of this - especially since we are a global organization with 50+ Marketo users (requiring an additional $15,000 USD!).  But what's most upsetting is the fact the we were specifically told at Marketo Summit that this would not be an add-on item like Real-Time Personalization.  We therefore will not be utilizing this as our central Marketing calendar (not to mention that it's not sharable beyond Marketo - which our teams outside of Marketo need access to).
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was very disapointed too! At the Summit we were told that it would be part of our package....Yeah right! 5 licences!