External Email and Landing Page Design

Anonymous
Not applicable

External Email and Landing Page Design

We are looking to create email and landing page templates outside of the Marketo studio.

Our designer is not "online" based - meaning he will create the template in an image and then we want to use that image in Marketo.

What does he as the designer and we as the Marketo users need to know in order to make this work?

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: External Email and Landing Page Design

HI Eitan Rapps​,

I'll be very blunt : working this way is very risky. Just getting an image design has nothing to do with creating a responsive email or LP template that will work correctly on all types of devices. An "image" does not give any clue on how this will actually work. Sometimes, it's even worse : what the designer "draws" is totally contradictory with the constraints of responsive design.

The minimum is that you make sure he/she knows about responsive design in emails and pages (and these are 2 different techniques) and that he/she provides you with HTML + CSS + Images (which, if he/she knows about responsive design, should really not be a problem). If it's not the case, you would better change the designer or complement her/him with someone who knows.

You should also factor the fact that Marketo templates are not just HTML + CSS + images, you have to add some specific codes for editable zones. But this will be done in a second time.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Greg. Do you happen to know if Marketo has a requirements guide for what I need to make this work - I have been searching everywhere for it and can't find it.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi again Eitan,

Theres is no requirement (I agree it's missing) but the downloadable templates are quite self explanatory.

See :

-Greg