SOLVED

Exporting Marketo database periodically

Go to solution
Sid_Patil
Level 2

Exporting Marketo database periodically

Hello guys,

I have to periodically report on our database health which includes how many new columns/rows of people we added each week, how many of them had blank/no-blank/unique values and so on. Currently, it takes me more than a day to export all my Marketo contacts and I have to do this every week. What's the best way to automate this step? Even third-party solutions are appreciated!

Thank you so much!

Sanford Whiteman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Exporting Marketo database periodically

Hi Sid,

http://developers.marketo.com/rest-api/bulk-extract/

With regards to the DLM product I do not know whether this issue was fixed. You will need to contact the vendor for this.

-Greg

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Sid,

Marketo APi is not well tuned to do a massive export unless you use the brand new bulk API;

There are some solutions our there that can export incremental data every day into an SQL database, in which you could create such a query with a BI front end. Look for instance into DLM, in the launchpoint.

-Greg

Sid_Patil
Level 2

Hello Grégoire Michel

Thanks for replying. What's the brand new bulk API - do you mind sharing the link?

I have heard about DLM however in one of the forum post someone pointed out a few security concerns with its API (Replicate Marketo Database ). Let me know what you think about it

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Sid,

http://developers.marketo.com/rest-api/bulk-extract/

With regards to the DLM product I do not know whether this issue was fixed. You will need to contact the vendor for this.

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I think it might (?) have been fixed but still doesn't use Bulk Extract, which I agree is the only practical way to do this for large/active dbs (actually a combo of Bulk Extract with a touch-up via Bulk Export).

Sid_Patil
Level 2

Quick question
The API tells me that Leads and Activities can be extracted. Would Leads here refer to only those contacts that are part of active programs being run in Marketo and not any dormant contact that may be part of my database?

Sanford Whiteman

Grégoire Michel

Thank you for all the guidance, guys. You have been of amazing help in my Marketo learning curve

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Sid,

Lead refers to any person in your database.

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

And pls mark the question as answered for future reference