Export Data and Analytics to Mysql

Anonymous
Not applicable

Export Data and Analytics to Mysql

Hi,

We want to export marketo lead data and analytics including email opens, clicks and delivers to a MySQL database. We can host the database on our server.

I have researched and found some solutions like Zapier and cloudpipes, but they only sync the Lead data and NOT the analytics data.

Do you guys know anyother service that we can use or point to a webhook doc that will provide us with data analytics support.

Thanks,

Farhan

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Export Data and Analytics to Mysql

You want the Get Lead Activities REST API method and related endpoints.

It's definitely true that there is no commercial product that does all of this right. Which is not to say it will be easy to build by any means, but you will be more satisfied over time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response, This API will give me lead's activity details and to keep my database sync with marketo I will be constantly pinging marketo which is neither a viable solution nor they will allow me to.

What I am looking for is a webhook, that will send a request with all the information to my endpoint, when an activity occurs.

SanfordWhiteman

What you're describing is not a practical application for webhooks. Webhooks execute synchronously in Marketo Flows, and executing a webhook for "uninteresting moments" like Email Delivered will kill instance performance. I generally keep webhook executions to ~ 5000 per day, i.e. for specific interesting moments and not for high-traffic activities.

At any rate the webhook guide in the docs is straightforward: define in Admin, add to Flow.

SanfordWhiteman

is neither a viable solution nor they will allow me to

It's the viable solution!  Data warehouses should not be populated via single-row inserts; a bulk interface should be desired, not avoided.

Also don't know what you mean by "allow me to." You download the Activity Log on a periodic basis, storing a checkpoint to start the next retrieval.  Although I'm no fan of Marketo's relatively low API call limits, it's precisely those limits that make it suited for bulk use by a single consumer.  If you have all 10,000 daily calls (or 30,000 depending on your subscription) for use by this one app, you will be fine. That's 3 million records of any type per day.  If you are generating 3 million warehouse-worthy records per day and would rather send 3 million individual webhooks to your server, I don't think you're looking at this right.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

What do you mean by Analytics data? You should be able to pull all lead and log activities using the API.