SOLVED

Re: Export 20,000+ Records from Campaign Results

Go to solution
Kim_Gandy1
Level 7

Export 20,000+ Records from Campaign Results

My company has to export deliver and bounce results with a timestamp from smart campaigns for auditing purposes. Excel exports from Marketo max out at 20,000 records, but our list size exceeds 20k.

I've already tried separating results by delivered and bounced, but the delivered results alone are over 20,000 per campaign send. Any suggestions how else to export these results?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kim_Gandy1
Level 7

Marketo support hasn't been able to supply an answer why there is a limit, but their team will export results larger than 20,000 upon support request.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

That's odd. I just today exported a list of 50k records and it worked fine. I have never been notified that I can only export 20k before the export and have never only seen 20k when I download the file.

Kim_Gandy1
Level 7

Devraj_Grewal

Those screenshots show 48k items to be exported from a results tab, which is not the same as 48k records to be exported from a smart list or static list. That is because an item is any flow step in the smart campaign, so you could have several items for any one record.

I just tested exporting from a smart campaign with more than 20k items and I just saw the same problem, the export only shows 20k.

Josh_Hill13

If you need more than the fields that can be shown in a smart list result, then you need to use the Activity Log API to extract the that data.

Kim_Gandy1
Level 7

Josh Hill​, can you provide more detail on how to do so?

Josh_Hill13

If you have a developer, they can use the API to extract the activity data into a separate database for analysis. I do not know how to do this.

Kim_Gandy1
Level 7

Marketo support hasn't been able to supply an answer why there is a limit, but their team will export results larger than 20,000 upon support request.