Re: Expired opportunity alert

Sherry_Hale
Level 4

Expired opportunity alert

I am trying to set up a flow which alerts a sales rep if their particular opportunity is past the close date.  I'm having difficulty making the smart list.  Here is what I have right now:

Smart List - Added to opportunity and sales stage is at PreQualify Tasks Completed

I'm not sure how to tell it if close date has expired.  Help please...seems simple but if I chose past, it will not work for future expired opps will it?  TIA!
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I believe you can use one of several methods.
  1. use the {{system.time}} token to say something like if Opp is Not Closed, and {{system.Time}} is greater than Close Date, then send email. I'm not 100% sure if that works. Check out articles on that token.
  2. Use a Wait Step: if Added to Opp, put in flow, then Wait until {{Opp.Close Date}} + Wait 1 Day, then IF Opp still not Closed, Send email. That *should* work, but it might break if someone changes the Close Date.
  3. Create a flag in SFDC that goes to TRUE when the Close Date < Today. That requires more work on SFDC side, but I know many firms do something similar. then when Data Value Changes, send that email out.
Sherry_Hale
Level 4

Thank you Josh, I think you're a bit over my head.  So in the wait step, you can enter token data?  I thought you had to enter a time (1day, 1hour, etc) as noted in the wait step.  

When I enter {{Opp.Close Date}} + 1 Day - I get an error