Experience with Marketo & Zoom's Launchpoint Connection?

Rick_DeCosta1
Level 2

Experience with Marketo & Zoom's Launchpoint Connection?

Curious if anyone has any experience with using Zoom's launch point service with Marketo, with more than 10 connected users? We're trying to enable other users from our team to go in and create their own Zoom webinars, as well as Marketo programs.  But it seems as though there is a 10 person limit (Noted in the Enabling Zoom Users to use Integration part of this Documentation) for how many members can have the Marketo app installed on their profile within Zoom. 

My question is, how are other users currently using the Zoom launch point integration? Do you have one main Zoom login connected where all of your webinars are hosted? Or are the webinars hosted through individual members accounts within Zoom, and each member connects their account to a new launch point service? We're a global organization, and may have more than one Zoom webinar running at the same time. So we're trying to determine the best process that will be ideal for our team with the overall setup. 

7 REPLIES 7
Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Experience with Marketo & Zoom's Launchpoint Connection?

I'd love to know this too Rick, I'll have a play around and see what I can come up with. We are also a global org with multiple geos and companies, so our use case is likely similar.

Robert_Nichols1
Level 3

also interested - just got a 10pack of zoom to go with my gotowebinar package....

Phillip_Wild

Ok so we have just started to set this up and I see the ten person limitation. We can fit within this so it's not a big deal, but I can see how that would be annoying otherwise. 

I'm not sure if concurrent webinars would be a problem though would it? Each has their own unique webinar ID, so they should be able to run at the same time.

Warren_Stokes3
Level 1

We followed this: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/207267346-Setting-Up-Zoom-for-Marketo in the initial setup and I don't remember having to use the launchpoint integration. This way users could manage everything they needed in Zoom through their own logins and basically have their webinar ready to go. You have the options of using the Zoom emails then if you want (you'd have to set the branding but still get the tracking in Marketo or visa versa). To use this you then have Zoom program templates in Marketo then they just need to add their Zoom webinar ID to add into their program (without the - -). Depending on your webinar licenses in Zoom too there will be limits on the number of attendees they can have. Hope that helps a little.

Phillip_Wild

Thanks Warren. We are following this one: https://zoomappdocs.docs.stoplight.io/marketo, the old docs have a "this is deprecated" note on them...it seems like there are a few issues with the new integration.

Suzanne_McKee
Level 1

Have you had success in getting attendance information to flow from Zoom to Marketo with this method? I have tried using the doc you referenced as well as the older one and we don't have success with getting attendee information to come back into Marketo. It seems like the docs stop short of this, do you have other smart campaigns that you set up to bring this information in?

Thanks!

Suzanne

Robert_Nichols1
Level 3

Yep so in the new launchpoint integration - you cant use zoom registration pages:

Note: To track and perform campaign actions on registrants, registrations should be done from a Marketo landing page. Registrations done from a Zoom landing page will not synch to Marketo.

Annoyingly - they've removed the API integration points elsewhere in zoom so the "old" method of doing the integration doesnt seem possible. Frustratingly zoom now seems less capable as a result.