Experience with Bedrock Data's Eventbrite Integration with Marketo?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Experience with Bedrock Data's Eventbrite Integration with Marketo?

I have a client using Eventbrite for a conference and historically they have manually uploaded and downloaded lists of registrants, invitees, etc.  to and from Eventbrite. I checked to see if there was an Eventbrite connector available and the only thing I can find is a third party product from Bedrock Data. Has anyone used it? If so, how well did it work and would you recommend it vs the manual process? Note that registrants for this particular event are anticipated to be in the hundreds rather than thousands - in case that's relevant.
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experience with Bedrock Data's Eventbrite Integration with Marketo?

Hi Denise,

I'm going through the process of integrating Eventbrite with Marketo via Bedrock Data in the next week.

From what I can tell it should be fairly straight forward. Connect both platforms with your API keys in Bedrock Data, select your field mapping and then enable the sync.

There are a couple of things to consider:

1. Bedrock Data charge based on database size, NOT the number of API Calls/Transactions that move between systems. This really sucks when you have a massive database but only want to target a few thousand records for events.
  2. There's no default integration with Marketo Programs. This means it's not easy to map Event1 in Eventbrite with Event1 in Marketo to manage RSVPs. I'm still working on a solution for this - I'm thinking of adding a custom question field on each event order form and map it to an event name field in Marketo. Then I can trigger program statuses on data updates to that field. I'm hoping this idea works....
  3. It doesn't appear you can use Marketo emails for event reminders and it doesn't appear you can set when the Eventbrite email reminders are sent out.
  4. The only other service I know of that connects Eventbrite with Marketo is something called ItDuzzit (itduzzit.com). It's much cheaper and charges based on the number of calls. However, it appears to be a more manual process to setup. Meaning you essentially need to create "If This Then That" statements for each event you setup. That might not be a problem for your business, but I suppose it does leave a bit more room for error if you're running a lot of events.

I'll share an update on the experience once it's all setup. but I hope this helps.

Cheers

Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Greg -

We're trying to evaluate Bedrock for integrating Eventbrite and Marketo data for our upcoming events.

I would really appreciate if you could please share your experience with it and how it worked out for you. If there are certain things in the process of integration that we need to be mindful of, please let me know.

Thanks,

Khushboo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Khushboo,

We were almost at the stage of integrating the systems when our Privacy Officer raised concerns with Bedrock Data having access to our customer data. Not to say they wouldn't be reliable, but the process in which we'd need to create contracts and update their terms of service to meet our needs was going to be a long and strenuous process. In the end, we ran out of time to organise it all so we still used Eventbrite but opted to export registrant details and upload them into Marketo to manage the event. It was a less than ideal situation, but necessary at the time.

So, in terms of advice I'd suggest that you consider the risks involved with letting another third party have access to your customer data. Even though 99% of cases everything will be fine, it would be your duty to communicate to your customers about where their data is stored and how secure it is.

Hope this helps.

Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Greg. This is good to know.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg, did you guys test out itDuzzit to integrate EventBrite with Marketo?

Anonymous
Not applicable

We looked at BedRock too. We couldn't justify the cost based on the types of events we run via Eventbrite (small, local networking events). Instead, we integrated Eventbrite and Marketo with Zapier. Here's the step-by-step: Eventbrite & Marketo Integration in a Zap!

It was more cost effective and a much better solution than the data flow process before. Hope someone finds it helpful!