Existing Leads Not Going Through Flow

Anonymous
Not applicable

Existing Leads Not Going Through Flow

I just created marketo landing page. When I test out the form if I use exsiting lead contact (such as myself), that information doesn't pass through the flow. However, if I make up a name an email address--one that isn't in the system--it runs through just fine.

Yes, I have the campaign set up so the flow runs every time. I've done this lots of times and never had this problem before. Any ideas as to what's causing existing leads not to run through the campaign?

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Existing Leads Not Going Through Flow

What are the other criteria for that smart list?

Check your lead's activity log to see if something else is going on.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smart list is simple Fills out form trigger. There are no other contstraints. As long as the form is filled out, it should work.

The activity log for the campaign doesn't show anything. However, when you check the activty log for my info, then is shows the activity.
Clinton_Gage3
Level 3

Are you sure you have it set to every time versus once? I had some users get hung up on that when testing. Even though you only want users to go through once, with your ID as a test you would want to temporaily set it to every until testing is complete.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. Postivie. Screenshot below.

0EM50000000RbLZ.jpg
Clinton_Gage3
Level 3

Any chance your campaign results view has a filter on it?

Glad to try to help offline if you like, or give the amazing support crew a call, if something is wonky they can help get it fixed.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, filter is off. It has to be a bigger issue because I'm not even getting alert or thank you emails after I fill out the form. That would at least tell me that the flow is working. Those aren't even being triggered.

I have contacted Marketo support and they're on it. If they solve it, I'll update this thread to let everyone know what the problem is. Until then, I'm happy to take more suggestions or comments from the community.

Thanks for all the help thusfar.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also encountering the EXACT same problem as Abel K for a couple of the forms that i've created recently.

If i keep submitting using an existing lead email address, the lead does not get fed into the smart campaign again, but it only UPDATES the profile data with my latest entry. 

Mine is a very straight forward and simple form and i am pretty sure i've set it up the smart campaign correctly with "Each lead can flow through the flow everytime" enabled.

Abel, did you managed to get your issue resolved? Looking forward to hear from you.
Kasia_Kowalewsk
Level 2

Might be because the email address you are using to test exists in another partition. Since a lead can't exist in 2 partitions (based on email), the flows/campaigns will simply not work. (I'm currently trying to figure out a way around that...)
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Kasia's suggestion is definitely a possibiliy if you have workspaces and partitions in your instance.  If this isn't the case you may want to log a support case with a link to the form and campaign you're having trouble with and an example lead who failed to move through the campaign.