Re: Event registration going backwards (47 last week, 39 this week) what gives?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Event registration going backwards (47 last week, 39 this week) what gives?

We have a roadshow in a week.  Two weeks ago,we had 47 members registered.  This week, it shows 39 -- and one is labeled "no show" although my event isn't until next week.  Any ideas about what is happening?  Salesforce shows the full 47 except that two of my latest Marketo registrants are not in the salesforce list.  Why such a difference?

5 REPLIES 5
Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Melinda Lehman​, that's pretty weird.

If your membership is dropping it would seem to be because either those leads were deleted from Marketo (but not from Salesforce) or some leads were changed to a status of "Not in Program".

Take the full list of 47 in Salesforce and compare it to the remaining members in Marketo to find who's missing. Then look them up in the Lead Database.

If they don't exist it would seem they were deleted somehow. Try to see where you have run any delete batches that would have affected these leads or have triggered campaigns with delete lead flow steps.

If they exist but aren't in the program, check the Activity Log to see what removed them. It could be an unknown trigger campaign chugging along somewhere, or perhaps an integrated service doing something unexpected.

Matt_Stone2
Level 9

Is the program in Marketo synced with the Salesforce campaign? Or are you adding them to the campaign via a flow step elsewhere?

Alex_Stanton1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Did you clone the program? It could be that another program is changing the statuses in yours. Or that your smart campaigns are triggering off of a form in a the program you cloned from. I have seen that happen.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you are noticing the Marketo 'Program Member Status' counts.

I think there might be some smart campaign which might have an incorrect trigger / filter logic. So the smart campaign that 'tags' leads as 'registrations' somehow is not capturing and marking some leads as 'registered'.

There might be some error in the smart campaign to mark leads as 'no show'. If the event is not yet done, that should not be the case at all. May be you can start by investigating the marketing activity log of that lead.

Hope this helps

Rajesh

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for your suggestions.  I wasn't aware the sync to Salesforce could drop.  I re-synced to Salesforce and that resolved some of the isses, but all I can conclude after the fact for the few that never returned is that my sales team was deleting duplicates in Salesforce prior to the event and thus deleted the records created when these individuals registered (ie, they registered with info that didn't match their Salesforce record so salesforce created an additional record which my sales team promptly deleted).  We've since told them to hold off on resolving duplicates until after the event.  Still not sure if that was what caused it but so far the problem has not returned.