SOLVED

Re: Event program work flow guides

Go to solution
Robert_McKenzie
Level 2

Event program work flow guides

Forgive me if this question has been answered many times before!

I am quite new to Marketo and I am wanting to set up an Event program. Is there any best practice guides / workflows / examples or templates showing an ideal folder structure with a solid flow to be found. Ideally I would need an email invite - email reminder 1 - email reminder 2 - registration form - landing page etc. Any guides, pointers will be greatly received.

Rob

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If you go to Import Program > Import > Event you can see how Marketo structures it.

If you email me, I've got a guide which I haven't shared yet, and would love your feedback.

Also, check University here which may have some new videos and slides.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rob, it seems as if you may need to set up a naming convention. For a webinar, for example, you could name your program using the actual date of the webinar, such as: WBN-20170112-My Webinar and use similar coding for the items you mentioned: "IIN" (initial invite), "FIN" (follow-up invite), etc. Tack your coding structure along with the dates, and things should line up nicely in the various folders. (When you use the DATE-MO-DAY structure, the dates will line up in their proper order).

inside that we name emails like

1. Initial Invite

2. Second Invite

3. Confirmation Email

4. 1 Day Reminder

5. 24 Hours Reminder

6. Attendee Thank You

7. No Show Email

Let me know if you have other questions.

Thanks!

John

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Robert McKenzie​ you should move this thread to Products​. "Community" is for questions about the Marketo Nation website itself -- and yes, this is confusing. It's likely that John didn't get to your question until today because this isn't the place for peer-to-peer support.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I'm a bit of a newb to the community.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

It was good of you to respond anyway! But we (meaning the "power responders") try to steer people toward the correct Place, since otherwise stuff will continue to be all over.

Josh_Hill13

If you go to Import Program > Import > Event you can see how Marketo structures it.

If you email me, I've got a guide which I haven't shared yet, and would love your feedback.

Also, check University here which may have some new videos and slides.

Robert_McKenzie
Level 2

Good morning Josh,
Thank you very much for your help...I would love to see your guide if its still on offer.
Regards Robert McKenzie
robert.mckenzie@trimble.com

Dan_Stevens_

We've built three different event program templates:

• Traditional registration
  • Registration that requires approval before confirmed
  • RSVP

Below are the individual workflows we have for each:

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png