Re: Event Registration Cap

Charly_Hartley
Level 2

Event Registration Cap

Has anyone figured out a good way to stop registration once the maximum attendance has been met? Ex: I have a live event with a morning and afternoon session. Each session has 15 spots open. If the morning session fills up with all 15, but the afternoon has not, I'd like for it to show the morning session as "Full" or grayed out - something to prevent a 16th person from registering for the morning session.

The most recent discussion I found on this was late 2015 where someone suggested using a webhook and a REST API. Is this still the best way to do it, or is there a better/easier way now through Marketo?

Thanks in advance for any help!

5 REPLIES 5
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Anytime we have a cap on audience members (or an event targeted toward specific types of attendees), we've built an automated approval/denial workflow as one of our event programs.  Below is the template that we've built, the program logic and some screenshots:

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

Charly_Hartley
Level 2

Thank you, Dan. This is helpful. Is there no other way to have the landing page restrict registration by automatically displaying full? Or is the registration approval process the closest thing Marketo offers at this point?

Dan_Stevens_

Marketo does not offer a way to cap/limit registration.  The solution that we use isn't an out of the box feature either.  It's a customized event program that we developed (with some technical help from Sanford Whiteman) .  For example, a special landing page template needed to be developed/used for anyone who would be approving/denying registration so that it didn't attribute that behavior to the user (no cookies, munchkin, tracking, etc.).

Charly_Hartley
Level 2

I appreciate you sharing it with me!

Dan_Stevens_

Charly Hartley​ if you’re still trying to find a solution, apparently the Marketo professional services team has created a potential solution. See this thread for more info: Am I able to cap registrations