Event Program Channel - do I need 2 in this case?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Event Program Channel - do I need 2 in this case?

Hi - thanks ahead of time for your thoughts! We have a "Direct Event" program channel where currently the success factor is "Visited Booth". These are for a large portion of our events. We have one specific type of event where "Attended" is the success factor (not visited booth) -- in this case, should that specific event use it's own program channel since the success is a different metric? We run that type of event several times a month (regional tabletop type event). OR in our existing Direct Event channel, should I just 'check' the success as Attended and Visited Booth, both? I am worried that may mess up reporting though, especially MT (multi-touch) reporting. Thoughts?
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Event Program Channel - do I need 2 in this case?

I would use the same tag for both types of events as they are in the same channel. Seems like "attended" will map well to "visited" in the reporting in RCA as you are reporting on big shows and small ones.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Event Program Channel - do I need 2 in this case?

I tend to agree with Mark that it's ok to have two Success statuses. If you are using RCA/RCM, you may seem some different MT attributions, but I'm fairly sure successes are counted properly for the Program regardless of which Status has the success.

On an individual Program level, you'll end up having two separate Statuses though.

So if you are running a lot of the second type of Program, you might just want to break those out as a separate Channel Tag and then you can properly report on this type of event vs. actual Trade Shows.

What I usually do is somewhat similar to Marketo's defaults:

Trade Show
  • Registration List
  • Met at Booth
  • Requested Call
Roadshow (either our owned event or smaller event)
  • Registered
  • Attended
  • Missed