Re: Event Caps and Event Goals

Raymond_Johnson
Level 5

Event Caps and Event Goals

Anyone have any idea how the new Event Caps and Event Goals function in Marketo Sky?

Tags (2)
11 REPLIES 11
Sant_Singh_Rath
Level 7

I don't think this functionality had beed added till now but it would be really great to have it.

Best regards,
Sant Singh Rathaur
Tiffany_Thomas
Level 2

The June release notes say that this has been released in Sky, but I haven't been able to find out how to add/use it yet. I really hope we get access soon, since I have an event coming up that needs a cap in place.

Bamah_Prakalath
Level 1

I want to know if anyone has tried it?

Sant_Singh_Rath
Level 7

I spoke to marketo support team and they told me this feature in on beta testing right now but they provided me this Video URL where you can get the complete demo. I guess this will be live by the end of June of first week of July. 

Let see! I am also waiting.

Best regards,
Sant Singh Rathaur
Ajay_Parikh1
Level 3

Now that this function has been officially released (per the June 2019 release notes), anyone know how to make it work?

I tried following the help article: https://help.marketo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019707913-Setting-Event-Goals but I don't get the fields to include Event Goals (Registered / Attended) when creating a new event program.

pastedImage_1.jpg

Anyone find a workaround to enable this function?

Raymond_Johnson
Level 5

I was having the same problem I created a support ticket and was told by support that this is a paid feature, something I'm very disappointed in.

Ajay_Parikh1
Level 3

A paid feature? Really? That's disappointing and frustrating.

We already pay a boatload for Marketo and for something that they market as being part of "Marketo Core Services," customers should not have to pay extra for it. 

Marketo Core Services

Event Caps and Goals

Generally available in Marketo Sky. Includes registration caps, page redirects, and waitlisting functionality. Track progress against registration goals.

Raymond_Johnson
Level 5

I completely agreed and I am very disappointed with Marketo regarding this. "Marketo Core Services" and "Generally Available" isn't something I would expect to have to pay for. I did have to push a little to get the response from support at first they didn't seem to know what I was asking for, but here is part of the final response I got from them.

The functionality of Event caps and goals is an add-on that can be purchased from your account manager. They can give you the pricing and information to go along with that. If you have already purchased this, they can also work with our provisioning team to get this enabled for you. 

It couldn't hurt to put in your own support ticket to see if you get the same response?

Ajay_Parikh1
Level 3

Yup. Already put in a ticket yesterday. Got a typical response that didn't answer my issue so we're waiting to see how they respond tomorrow.