SOLVED

Re: Event Best Practice Help Pretty Please!!!

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Event Best Practice Help Pretty Please!!!

Hi Marketo Community! I am looking for visuals / graphics depicting best practice builds for Roadshows, Tradeshows, and Webinars. Something similar the picture below. Can anyone point me in the right direction? My email is zach.rogers@rackspace.com if you prefer to send direct. Thank you!Multiple Email Send.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Zach Rogers ,

I went to a session on event best practices at SFDC last year and thought they had some pretty helpful suggestions and slides. Here are my notes in case they're helpful: https://www.evernote.com/l/Ac2Ly_-u18FDI7wEdjHfNIGEsl3ac-ROlzs

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

And yes I have searched the Marketo Community and haven't found anything -- if I'm wrong I apologize for the duplicate post!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Zach,

Can you explain in more detail what kind of best practices are you after?

Is it on how to set up the program?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Karina! Sure, thank you. For some context, we are giving a presentation tomorrow to explain to our marketing teams what an Event Program build entails and what they can expect. I started building the diagrams and figured this was already done somewhere before. The diagram I posted is a good example of what I'm looking for, but would like more specific to Roadshows, Tradeshows, and Webinars. By best practice, I simply mean a depiction of invite, reminder to RSVPs, reminder to non-RSVPs, attended thank you, no show sorry we missed you with their corresponding timeframes from the Event. Does that make sense?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Zach Rogers ,

I went to a session on event best practices at SFDC last year and thought they had some pretty helpful suggestions and slides. Here are my notes in case they're helpful: https://www.evernote.com/l/Ac2Ly_-u18FDI7wEdjHfNIGEsl3ac-ROlzs

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is awesome thank you so much Wintha, exactly the kind of thing I was looking for!

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I don't know of anyone who has posted a great workflow diagram and Program Template.

In Marketo, it's best to look at Event Program Templates. You already have the general structure, so look at the Program Import command and see what Marketo provides you. Typically;

• Emails
    • Invitation
    • Second Invitation
    • Reminder
    • Thank you attend
    • thank you missed
  • Flows
    • 01 - Inviation 1
    • 02 - Invitation 2 (to people not already registered)
    • 03 - Reminder (batch, schedule X days before event to registrants)
    • 04 - Thank yous (can use choice flow here)