SOLVED

Error synching to SFDC - "the record is filtered in sfdc"

Go to solution
Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

Error synching to SFDC - "the record is filtered in sfdc"

I'm working in my UAT instance, trying to get some synching of data.  I filled out a form and it was able to synch and populate SFDC but on subsequent form fills using the same email address I get an error of "the record is filtered in sfdc." I don't understand this error - can anyone help me identify the issue?

Robb Barrett
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Error synching to SFDC - "the record is filtered in sfdc"

Hi Robb,

This happens when one has a sync filter setup. Typically a "sync with Marketo" field. This field has been unchecked, driving the sync to stop. This can have been done manually or though a workflow on SFDC side. It might also have been done from Marketo. Yet the record in still in Marketo, but the sync is simply stopped. The way to fix it is to go to SFDC and check the box.

Read carefully these:

-Greg

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Robb

Have verified your de-dupe criteria for lead/contact? Also you can verify if record type which is not accessible to Marketo sync user, is assigned to lead/Contact. If possible, share the LP url.

Regards

Kapil

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Robb,

This happens when one has a sync filter setup. Typically a "sync with Marketo" field. This field has been unchecked, driving the sync to stop. This can have been done manually or though a workflow on SFDC side. It might also have been done from Marketo. Yet the record in still in Marketo, but the sync is simply stopped. The way to fix it is to go to SFDC and check the box.

Read carefully these:

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg,

I read through both parts of your Sync with Marketo guide and I still don't quite understand what I need to do. Any ideas?

I'm having the same issues when I try to delete a record from both Marketo and SFDC. The error I get is:

failed to delete sfdc lead: filtered in sfdc

Any ideas?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Resync the record in SFDC. Marketo cannot access it because the sync filter is disabled for this record.

Greg

Charu_Vikram
Level 1

Hi Gregoire,

I have faced similar issue, where I am receiving this same error while syncing leads to SFDC.

I tried to upload 17 leads and then sync them to SFDC. Out of those, 14 were synced without any issue however for 3 records it sent the error. Details below in screenshot:

pastedImage_0.png

Therefore, I think its not the matter what you have mentioned above that, "sync with Marketo" field is unchecked. Can you please help me understand it further.

Thanks,

Charu Vikrama

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Charu, if you don't think that's the cause, you have to show us that both the successful and failed leads have the same value for the filter field.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Charu,

The fact that the field is not checked in Marketo does not matter and has not impact on the filtering. The only thing that counts its whether the field is checked in SFDC for the record which ID is given in the error message above. This is where you have to check.

Read this: "Sync with Marketo" mysteries part 1

-Greg

Amy_Lepre
Level 7

Grégoire - what if I have a record that IS checked in SFDC (as confirmed with SFDC admin) but I'm still getting this message? We have two that this came up for today where we have not had issues like this previously.