SOLVED

Re: Error Merging Leads

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Error Merging Leads

Hey everyone. I saw that there's several threads on this topic, but didn't see any that listed my particular issue.

I've been trying to merge some of our duplicate leads. And I keep getting this error message:

merge fail2.png

Has anyone else seen this? The number in the brackets seems to vary depending on which leads I'm attempting to merge. And it does not seem to matter if these are new leads, older leads, leads with lots of conflicts, or leads with few conflicts.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

This may be caused by lack of permissions on the CRM side as Marketo will attempt to merge the record in the CRM too. I bet the number there is the Lead ID #.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Susan Brown

Sorry about your issue. This Product article might help too: Find and Merge Duplicate Leads - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

FYI. I moved your posts to the Products and Support section where you might get an answer faster. This section is for Community related issues. The Product and Support area is for Marketo related questions.

Also, I see you have multiple accounts on the site. You might want to consider adding 'Primary' next to your title like I did Scott K. Wilder

It certainly will help us if we need to send you a message. Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Scott. I know how to merge leads, but am getting an error. And I can't get an answer from support, so I thought I'd ask the community.

Alex_Stanton1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Courtney Grimesencountered something like this recently. Tagging her to see if it was a similar issue.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

This may be caused by lack of permissions on the CRM side as Marketo will attempt to merge the record in the CRM too. I bet the number there is the Lead ID #.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ohhhh... that would make so much sense. Thanks, Josh. I'll see if I can up the rights of the Marketo User in Salesforce.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, that was the issue. Josh, thank you!

Alexis_Shamsi_H
Level 3

Hi Susan,

Would you mind me asking what you updated in SF for your Marketo User Profile that removed this error? We are all of a sudden experiencing the same issue.

Thanks,

Alexis

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alexis, go back in to the user profile and make sure that Standard Object Permissions for Accounts, Campaigns, Contacts, Leads, and Opportunities have all the Read/Create/Edit/Delete boxes checked. I went one step further and checked the "Modify All" box at the end of the row for each of these.

For whatever reason, although I know we had checked the individual access boxes for each of these items, they had become unchecked during our go-live process. For us, I'm pretty sure that was a user error scenario.