SOLVED

Error: API Disabled for Org

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Error: API Disabled for Org

I'm getting this error message "API_DISABLED_FOR_ORG: 'API is not enabled for this Organization or Partner". This is for sync between Marketo and SalesForce. We've made no changes to either so I'm not sure why this is happening. But I don't believe the Marketo/SalesForce integration is working. Can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Error: API Disabled for Org

So I finally got the answer to this. But it took us getting on the phone to Marketo and SalesForce to figure it out. This is for anyone with SalesForce Professional Edition. Apparently on Feb 1, SalesForce made a change where Professional users were no longer able to use the API by default. If you want it, you have to pay for it. I must not have gotten the memo on that...Also apparently Marketo knew about this and were reaching out to Professional customers to let them know. I definitely didn't see that either. Maybe too many emails ; )   I can't believe we're the only ones on Professional using the API for syncing between Marketo and SFDC. But we did just run into problems so maybe they are slowly rolling out the change. BTW, the person at SFDC says it was a change with Marketo that caused the issue, hence the cutoff for access to the API.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Julia, is this a new issue (API connection used to be working), or something that you're just trying to connect for the first time? I know that Spark doesn't allow users access to the API, so that might be the problem? Not sure what level of Marketo you are working with.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dory - it's a new issue but sync has worked for some time now between Marketo and SalesForce. Just apparently stopped working. I see no API calls in SalesForce for the last 24 hours - and I know that's not usual. We're trying to figure out if this is a problem with our account maybe? Just wanted to see if anyone has seen this error message or know why it would pop up. Thanks!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

What version of SFDC? There've been some sketchy changes lately about API access.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sanford - We're on Professional

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

I'd definitely submit a support ticket. Production impaired/down.

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I finally got the answer to this. But it took us getting on the phone to Marketo and SalesForce to figure it out. This is for anyone with SalesForce Professional Edition. Apparently on Feb 1, SalesForce made a change where Professional users were no longer able to use the API by default. If you want it, you have to pay for it. I must not have gotten the memo on that...Also apparently Marketo knew about this and were reaching out to Professional customers to let them know. I definitely didn't see that either. Maybe too many emails ; )   I can't believe we're the only ones on Professional using the API for syncing between Marketo and SFDC. But we did just run into problems so maybe they are slowly rolling out the change. BTW, the person at SFDC says it was a change with Marketo that caused the issue, hence the cutoff for access to the API.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Yep, there were some threads covering this recently. "A change with Marketo" I don't understand. It's clearly a change in SFDC licensing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Sanford - do you have a link to any of those? I just tried to search and couldn't find it. You don't mean the Sales Insight changes, right? That we did already. Thanks!

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10