Engagement program channel confusion

Anonymous
Not applicable

Engagement program channel confusion

When I created my first Engagement program on July 1 (a test), the Channel field in the New Program dialog box displayed only a "Nurture" channel, which I selected.  When I tried to create a new Engagement program today, no options were displayed in the Channel drop down list.  Tech support identified that the "Nurture" channel that is applied to the Engagement program was hidden and that is why there were no options displayed in the Channel field. Others have experienced this confusion as well because there really is no documentation about this.  So I just wanted to be sure that everyone was aware of this and they should unhide the Nurture channel or create their own channel that applies to Engagement programs.

The default Nurture channel has just Member and Engaged program statuses - are there any recommendations regarding creating and using other Engagement program stages or other channels that apply to the Engagement program?
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Engagement program channel confusion

The channel type was available before the launch. I suddenly noticed 2 channels called nurture. I didn't know which to use so I messed up the engagement version. When the launch was communicated I tried to restore the channel.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Elliott,
Great question on the program statuses to use for engagement programs. I think it depends on how your engagement program is structured and what you use for the rest of your programs. For instance, if your engagement program references other programs instead of emails, you not need any other statuses. Perhaps your other programs have an MQL status, then you might customize your engagement status with the added status.

The other thing I've been toying with, but haven't implemented is whether to replace Member with  "Member - Normal" and "Member - Paused". They would have to be the same step # so you could go back and forth between the two. What that would buy you is being able to look at the program Summary and know how are active vs paused. I'm just not sure that it is worth it.

What types of statuses are you thinking of adding?
Regards,
Sheila
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want to know which leads are paused versus normal, you can add this field to the members grid.  The field is called "Engagement Program Cadence".  You can then sort to see who is in which status. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Diederik - can you confirm that both were called Nurture?  One should have been called Engagement Nurture if a channel already existed called Nurture (and associated with a Program)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cheryl,

No the names were slightly different. This was also mentioned in the official communication about the engagement programs. However it was already in my instance before this communication. Most likely because I'm a beta tester. Didn't result in any problems though. So no worries 😉