Engagement Streams Transition Rule - Can You Make Members Skip to the Next Cast

Anonymous
Not applicable

Engagement Streams Transition Rule - Can You Make Members Skip to the Next Cast

We have an engagement program with 2 streams.   Some members mistakenly got transitioned to stream B after receiving the first email in stream A.  If I manually change the stream of these members back to stream A, can I have them receive the second email, and skip the first one they already received?

-They shouldn't receive the same email twice since marketo checks for this

-But if marketo knows they cant receive it will it move the member to the next email in the stream?

Stream A - email 1 --> wait 1 month --> email 2

Stream B - hold

Move from B to A and start at email 2, because email 1 has already been received.

Is there any way to achieve this?

4 REPLIES 4
John_Clark1
Level 10

Re: Engagement Streams Transition Rule - Can You Make Members Skip to the Next Cast

Hi Justin,

All you need to do is move the leads from stream B back to stream A.  Then the next time stream A sends a cast they will get the next piece of content that they've never received before.  If Email 2 is the highest piece of content in the stream that they've never received, then they'll get that one without any problem.

If they've already received Email 1, then they will not receive it again from any engagement program in Marketo.

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Engagement Streams Transition Rule - Can You Make Members Skip to the Next Cast

Thanks! If the email content of Email 1 was changed slightly, but the name of the email remained the same, will marketo still know to skip it?  Or will it send the same email again because it notices content has changed?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe Marketo will decide if the email was sent before or not based on the 'internal asset id' of that email. Not based on it's current content and what was sent to that lead before. Thus the first email will not be sent again to the same lead even if the email content is changed.

Hope this helps.

Rajesh

Anonymous
Not applicable

Rajesh is correct!