SOLVED

Engagement Stream and Communication Limits

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Engagement Stream and Communication Limits

Our first scheduled cast was pretty much skipped due to communication limits. I changed the limits in time for today's cast (2 weeks later).

They were sent out but what I'm confused about is it looks like it didn't try to resend the 1st email, it just went on to the 2nd.

I thought as long as they didn't recieve the content before it'd try again... any ideas on this? Will the next cast move on to 3 or goback to 1?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Engagement Stream and Communication Limits

Hi Kim,

I have logged a bug with engineering as the leads should have received the first piece of content if they were skipped due to Communication limits.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Cheryl

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The stream will always check to see if the lead received a piece of content first, and then determine whether to send it out or not.  Is all the content new, or is there a chance that the lead in stream may have already received it?  When you look at the "leads" view of the stream, what does the All Cast number say?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. All of the content is new. (This is our first time running the streams so I could totally be overlooking something or confused so please just let me know).

In the Leads view it makes it look like they've been sent the content:
0EM50000000QzZX.jpg

and same in the dashboard (although in the dashboard it doesn't have the 326 for email 2??):
0EM50000000Qza6.jpg

But then in the Engagement Stream Performance Report (all time) it shows only the second:
0EM50000000QzZc.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kim,

I have logged a bug with engineering as the leads should have received the first piece of content if they were skipped due to Communication limits.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Cheryl
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Cheryl! Do you think next time a cast goes out in 2 weeks, it should send out the first piece of content?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually don't think it will go out, but I can double check.  I'll get back to you.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm it was suggested by support that this will continue to be skipped for now and to set up a smart campaign outside the engagement program to send to content.

May have to do this.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes that is a good suggestion.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was there any progress on this?  If you run an email with Com Limits set, you are saying that Best Practice is to create a brand new Smart Campaign and run the same email the next day so that those who no longer have the Com limit will now get the email?  Should we be creating 5+ Smart Campaigns using staggering start dates as a practice to ensure that folks get the email?