Re: Engagement Status - accidentally marked all leads as removed

Mikes_Jones
Level 8

Engagement Status - accidentally marked all leads as removed

Due to a faulty Flow step, all my leads in my engagement program are now set as "removed" for status, and obviously Marketo won't let me revert them back since you can't go backwards in steps.

My biggest question is, will these leads still receive the next email in the stream, even though the status says "removed"?

Also, is there any way to fix this?

5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Is this a Program Status?

If it is a Program STatus, can you check if they are all moved to an empty Stream or set to Paused? If not, they will continue to receive email.

Or did you say Status=Not In Program.

In option 1, you will have to add them to a static list, run Not In Program, then add them back. This may cause them to restart the nurture streams, so you may want to do something like a new Stream with different content if you know they did not receive the rest.

If they were totally removed from the Program, you will have to add them back as I described.

Mikes_Jones
Level 8

Josh,

It wasn't "Not In Program", just the status that says "removed" that we had set up.

As of now, every single member in this campaign is now set to "removed", which is really irritating.

I will follow your steps for the static list.

While we're on it, what's the best practice for setting up a smart campaign that controls campaign status?

Currently, I had a smart campaign with:

Smart List: Member of Program = true, Program is (name of program)

Flow: Change Program Status (if Delivered Email is ________, program (program name), New Status = Email Delivered)

and so on, in total I had 5 "change program status" flows, in the order that they are in. So I guess Marketo checks for the first program status, marks everyone as that status if they apply, and then continues down the list

I guess somewhere i this process, Marketo decided everyone qualified for "removed" even though it was only supposed to be those who's email were invalid

Here's two screenshots of my flow

example.PNG

example2.PNG

btw I removed the "removed" status from the flow, in case you were looking for it

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Malik Zafar​!

You're on the right track with the status changes though I notice you are using a batch campaign to update them.

I find that most of our customers prefer to use multiple trigger campaigns instead, so for example you could have one:
Smart List: Clicks link in email

Flow: Change  program status to "Clicked"

Then you'd create as many as you need to cover all the events. That way you experience no delay between the action and the status change.

I hope this helps!

Mikes_Jones
Level 8

Thanks a lot Louiza Verykiou​, huge help - I was wondering if I should switch to a Trigger campaign!

Mikes_Jones
Level 8

Josh Hill​ if I totally remove them from the program and readd them, will they pick up from the last piece of content they received or will they start over?