Engagement Programme or Triggered Email Smart List

Kirstie_Olah
Level 2

Engagement Programme or Triggered Email Smart List

Hi there,

I am relatively new to Marketo. I have to set up a Welcome Series Programme for when a lead subscribes to our newsletter. There are 3 emails in the programme and the first needs to be triggered immediately after the lead submits the form. My question is if I set this up as an Engagement Programme you can only set the cadence to weekly/monthly but I need the emails sent more often. It can't wait for the next cast - which may be in 6 days time.

But I don't think its an Email Send as its not sent to a specific list at a scheduled date and time.

Any guidance on the best way to set this up would be greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Re: Engagement Programme or Triggered Email Smart List

Hi Kirstie​,

If it doesn't need to be an engagement program where you are MQL'ing people etc then you can simply add wait steps within a smart campaign flow to send all the emails.

Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 07.31.31.png

You can then used advanced options by clicking on the little cog to set the days of the week and time.

Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 07.34.51.png

You can however set the cadence to more often than weekly in an Engagement program. You simple select more days, check out the screenshot below. If you selected every day of the week then the program would trigger daily.

Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 07.37.03.png

Kirstie_Olah
Level 2

Thanks so much Gerard. I really appreciate it. Just one question - what is MQL'ing people?

I will use your guidance and get this programme running.

Many thanks.

Kirstie

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

I just meant if you were not specifically scoring them or moving them along a sales funnel. It seemed like this was a specific set of welcome emails. 

MQL (Marketing Qualified Lead) is when they have shown interest and consumed enough marketing material to be considered qualified to be passed over to sales for determining if there is a potential sale.

Emilia_Chioncel
Level 2

Hi everyone,

Wonder if there is any other way you can create an automated process of sending a series of emails, other than Engagement Program and Smart Campaigns, as described above.

Thank you,

Emilia

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Other than a trigger SC? A batch SC.

Emilia_Chioncel
Level 2

Yes, other than a smart campaign (trigger or batch---thanks for the heads up on the triggered one), or an Engagement Program.

The client needs to send an X series of emails based on industry, in an Y number of languages based on the market, and he is searching for all options possible.

Thanks a lot for stepping in,
Emilia

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

If the client is merely trying to stump you for some reason (?) you could include a set of Email Sends as a far-out option. But that's a stretch given the requirements, and terrible practice.

Everything else comes down to a Smart Campaign. Whether requested or scheduled via API, or triggered or scheduled via traditional means, there's an SC doing the work.