SOLVED

Engagement Program: Substitute Emails in the Cadence

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Engagement Program: Substitute Emails in the Cadence

Hi everyone,

We have some emails in the cadence going every Tuesday. We want to use new ones with a new template but the same content. I am thinking to replace the original emails in the cadence with new onces. But, I am wondering if  the system will treat the new emails as the old ones, and will keep the people in the same wait step? For example, I replace Email 1 with Email 1.1 and Email 2 with Email 2.1. and I have a lead in the step between these two. The lead received already the Email 1 (the old one) and now after I replaced the emails, I would like this lead to receive Email 2.1 (the new one). Will the system think like this? I assume it is important the email place holder to decide the order, disregarding what email we place there. Or not?

What are the best practices for this situation?

Thank you!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Engagement Program: Substitute Emails in the Cadence

Hi Kristina,

Engagement programs are pretty great and let you move the order of the emails around in an engagement stream.

As long as you're placing the email in the order you'd like, and that email was the next step for your lead, you should be fine. Since your lead is in a the wait step (wait step being 7 days?), Marketo will recognize that the lead didn't receive the next piece of content in the steam. So if you switch out Email 2 for Email 2.1, the lead will receive 2.1 instead (as long as it's approved and activated).

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kristina,

Engagement programs are pretty great and let you move the order of the emails around in an engagement stream.

As long as you're placing the email in the order you'd like, and that email was the next step for your lead, you should be fine. Since your lead is in a the wait step (wait step being 7 days?), Marketo will recognize that the lead didn't receive the next piece of content in the steam. So if you switch out Email 2 for Email 2.1, the lead will receive 2.1 instead (as long as it's approved and activated).

Hope this helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Jackie.  

This is the answer I was expecting to receive.