SOLVED

Engagement Program Question/Testing Stream

Go to solution
Mikes_Jones
Level 8

Engagement Program Question/Testing Stream

Hello,

I know that engagement programs will not run the same email twice.
If you create one email and then use that one to clone a bunch more, are all of those emails viewed as the "same email" since they were cloned or does each one count as a different email?

Second, I can't seem to get my transition rules to work when testing my streams. Is there something in particular that you have to do? I've clicked on "run cast" and I keep being told that the stream is exhausted, however the test lead is not being pushed over to the next stream as defined in the transition rules.

Thanks,

- Malik

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Engagement Program Question/Testing Stream

You cannot "push" leads into other streams. Transition rules are designed to "pull" leads into a specific stream (and you must have at least one trigger in the transition rules). Most streams contain multiple emails/content. We usually have a "trigger" stream containing 3-4 emails; and a nurture stream for anyone that responds/engages with any of the trigger emails. As for your other question, if you clone several emails based on a source email, the cloned emails will be treated as unique emails and will be sent to anyone that's qualified to receive them.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Malik, what's your transition rule? Also, what you mean by cloning emails? What exactly are you doing?
Mikes_Jones
Level 8

I have like 14 emails in my nurture campaign, all in individual streams with transition rules that say "If Email X was Delivered Than Push to New Stream"

However, I know the engagement programs are designed not to feed a lead the same email twice. Just trying to confirm that a cloned email is not viewed as the same email.

Also, as far as having multiple streams go, what is best practice? Does it make sense to have a stream per email/asset, or does it make sense to have one steam and have all the content/assets in there?

Thanks.
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You cannot "push" leads into other streams. Transition rules are designed to "pull" leads into a specific stream (and you must have at least one trigger in the transition rules). Most streams contain multiple emails/content. We usually have a "trigger" stream containing 3-4 emails; and a nurture stream for anyone that responds/engages with any of the trigger emails. As for your other question, if you clone several emails based on a source email, the cloned emails will be treated as unique emails and will be sent to anyone that's qualified to receive them.
Mikes_Jones
Level 8

Dan,

Thank you for your asnwers, big time help.

- Malik