SOLVED

Re: Engagement Program Members receiving content after added to Stream from Smart List

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Engagement Program Members receiving content after added to Stream from Smart List

So here is our current setup:

[Engagement Program: Awareness] setup with 3 streams (Stream A, Stream B, Stream C).

In Stream A, we are using a transition rule to pull in members who are part of a smart campaign.

The smart campaign is as follows:

01 - Add Records to Program

• Who (Smart List): Filter > Member of Smart List > Person in Persona 1
  • What (Flow): Add to Engagement Program > Program: Awareness

02 - Add as Member

• Who (Smart List): Trigger > Added to Engagement Program > Program: Awareness
  • What (Flow): Change Program Status > Nurture>Member

In Stream A, there are (5) Emails. The way that we currently have this setup is that in Stream A, we have in our transition rule to trigger on when someone is added as a member of [Engagement Program: Awareness]. And the Flow of the transition rule is to "Send Email" to each of the (5) emails in the stream.

transition rule - flow - send email.PNG

Question 1: Is it necessary to add "Send Email" as part of the flow in the transition rule for [Engagement Program: Awareness A] in order for the members to begin receiving email? Or does this happen when you set up the schedule/cast?

Question 2: Is there a simpler way to create our smart campaign within one smart list to accomplish "Add Records to Program", "Add as Member" and also start the members off with the 1st email of the Awareness Stream?

I have a proposed solution to completely remove the emails from the Flow in the 1st stream of the Awareness program because by adding them to the stream, the cadence should take priority in sending out the email based on the schedule. Is this the case?

Thanks for your input and recommendations.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Engagement Program Members receiving content after added to Stream from Smart List

Hello, Arvin!

1) It is not necessary to add in the "Send Email" flow step as the people that enter the engagement program will get the first email in the Stream they entered (in your case, "Awareness A" stream) on the next cast. The only nuance to this is if you're adding programs to your stream (rather than single emails) in which the program will control qualification for what email they first receive (for example, if there are 5 emails in the program, the smart list (in the smart campaign) in the program will control who qualifies for what email. If you're just adding emails to an engagement program and not programs, you won't have to worry about that right now. Once they enter, they'll get the first email on the next cast date, the second email on the next cast, and so on.

2) You got it.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, Arvin!

1) It is not necessary to add in the "Send Email" flow step as the people that enter the engagement program will get the first email in the Stream they entered (in your case, "Awareness A" stream) on the next cast. The only nuance to this is if you're adding programs to your stream (rather than single emails) in which the program will control qualification for what email they first receive (for example, if there are 5 emails in the program, the smart list (in the smart campaign) in the program will control who qualifies for what email. If you're just adding emails to an engagement program and not programs, you won't have to worry about that right now. Once they enter, they'll get the first email on the next cast date, the second email on the next cast, and so on.

2) You got it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Joy...

So, when you refer to email vs. program within stream, are you referring to when I add content to the stream? I see two options for content type: Email and Program.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, that is exactly what I'm referring to.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Joy!

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Hi Arvin Poole​,

Are you able to move this to the Product Discussion board as other people might be searching for this question there as well.

Thanks,

Gerard

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gerard,

I think I moved it correctly to the product discussion area. This was my very 1st post so can you confirm?

Thanks,

Arvin

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

you did indeed Arvin Poole​ cheers.