Re: Engagement Program Email Sends

Stijn_Heijthuij
Level 7

As long as you don't have content that overlaps your business units or EP's that's no problem. Just bookmark this thread for when you start splitting your EP's into multiple variables (Cloud for Small Business vs Cloud for Enterprises). At that point you'll want to mix-and-match content.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

But if we use "member of any EP" as a filter, the users will receive content of all EPs that they're members of.  Let's say a lead engages with our Cloud content and gets added to the Cloud EP.  After two casts, the lead starts to engage heavily with our "Digital" content.  Their "area of interest" will change to "digital" and they will be added to the "digital" EP.  We don't want them to receive any more cloud content.  Instead the focus is on digital.  Which is why we specifically define the EP name as the core filter.

Stijn_Heijthuij
Level 7

Ah, yes. Good point.

That's why you have to create a 'pause all Engagement Programs' campaign that you ALWAYS run a lead through before adding them to the Engagement Program.

Request this first, wait 5 minutes and then add someone to the new Engagement Program and put the candence to Normal. This way contacts can switch between engagement programs. If you want to know what that looks like, let me know and I'll draw something out.

Dan_Stevens_

Yes, we do this today.

Stijn_Heijthuij
Level 7

So then your contacts will only receive the content from 1 nurture program at a time, right?

Dan_Stevens_

That's correct.  But in our case, it's just less risky to specify the program name in the filter rather than use ANY.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You guys are super helpful! I am still learning new things about EP as I try to improve an existing EP. Can you explain why one needs to "pause all EPs" before you move a lead from one EP to another? We just have one EP, with multiple streams for each "area of interest". We move them between Streams based on the value in this field, "area of interest" via the Transition Rules on each Stream.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You, Dan & Stijn Heijthuijsen​,

I now have a better understanding of the pros and cons of both approaches!  The reference to the post ( If a lead doesn't qualify for an Engagement Program cast, does it proceed to the next email? ) is exactly the "con" I was speaking of relating to using Programs in EPs, vs. using Emails.

With that being said, do you still feel that the the flexibility associated with utilizing Programs outweighs the fact that leads disqualified by the Program's Smart Campaign will have to wait until the next cast (for us, every 2 weeks) in order to move to the next Program within the EP? If leads get "stuck" in this fashion, then a great deal of time could pass until they finally enter a Program where they qualify to receive the email. We would like to send these emails on a regular cadence.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi All,

FYI, I ran a test a while ago (see here Re: Engagement Program Sending Same Content Out Twice  ) and despite all my efforts, I have not been able to send a email twice in an EP, even using other programs outside an inside the EP, adding or not the lead as a program member, etc..

-Greg