SOLVED

Engagement Program Cloning Errors - Smart Campaigns in Use

Go to solution
KellyJoHorton
Level 3 - Champion Alumni

Engagement Program Cloning Errors - Smart Campaigns in Use

I am attempting to clone a live engagement program from one workspace to another. The underlying templates are shared so it shouldn't be a problem, but it is.

When I try to clone this live engagement program from one workspace to another I get errors saying two smart campaigns are being used by other assets. I can't deactivate anything or disconnect anything because the program is live.

So, I cloned the program to a new folder in the same workspace (successfully), turned the program off and made sure all smart campaigns were deactivated. Then I tried to drag and drop that folder into a folder in another workspace. Same error. I tried to clone it to another workspace. Same error.

What else do I have to dismantle to be able to clone this program? Remove any smart campaigns that reference assets in the current workspace?

Kelly Jo Horton
Senior Client Partner
Etumos

khorton@etumos.com
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

Re: Engagement Program Cloning Errors - Smart Campaigns in Use

Hi Kelly,

The error is coming up not because the asset is active or not, but because another program in that same workspace is referencing it. Can you go to the "Used By" tab for the smart campaign and delink it from the other campaigns or lists that may be referencing it?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

Hi Kelly,

The error is coming up not because the asset is active or not, but because another program in that same workspace is referencing it. Can you go to the "Used By" tab for the smart campaign and delink it from the other campaigns or lists that may be referencing it?

KellyJoHorton
Level 3 - Champion Alumni

I am going to have to delete a bunch of references in the smart campaigns in order to clone it. Painful. I have to rebuild the smart campaigns again after I clone it. I was just hoping I'd be able to clone without dismantling, but it looks like I can't.

Kelly Jo Horton
Senior Client Partner
Etumos

khorton@etumos.com
Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

Before you do that, can I ask what the use case is? There may be a faster way to do this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, have you tried to share the Smart Lists referenced by your Engagement Program with the workspace you want to clone the program to?

And what I usually do if that doesn't work: Clone your Engagement Program into a folder in the same workspace, then remove the references in the clone and then move (drag&drop) that folder into your new workspace.