SOLVED

Re: Engagement Program Cast Cadence for New Members

Go to solution
ChelseaBarnes
Level 2

Engagement Program Cast Cadence for New Members

Hello,

Fairly new to Marketo but brand new to engagement programs. I setup my first engagement program last week and it is set to cast a series of emails every two weeks on Thursdays at 10:30AM CST. This campaign is for customers that sign up for a 90 days demo for one of our products. The first email is a welcome email with the real nurture content coming in the weeks to follow. 

My question is, is there a way for new members added to receive the first email on the Thursday of the week they are added or will they have to wait until the bi-weekly cast cadence kicks in? The very first cast was last week and I noticed the people I added this week were not sent the first email this morning (Thursday). I thought they might because in the dashboard summary, it said 'Today' for the next cast even though technically the bi-weekly cast would be next week.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Hey Chelsea, welcome to the weird and wonderful world of Marketo 🙂

Within a single stream you can only have one cadence setting in place, so you can't really have the welcome email be within that stream and have it's own cadence.

There are two immediate ways I would look to do this:

• The welcome email is part of an independent stream, with a weekly cadence instead of a fortnightly cadence. On being sent the welcome email, people are immediately transitioned to the main content stream.
  • The welcome email is an independent program, which can still live within the nurture if you want, but not be sent via a stream - basically a standard default program sending emails, where you send via either a triggered or a scheduled smart campaign.

The former option keeps the whole thing together from a reporting perspective, which you may prefer, but the latter option gives you more flexibility as far as when the email is sent, which you may also prefer!

Either way, neither option would have any adverse impact on the other emails in the nurture.

Hope that helps to answer your question 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Hey Chelsea, welcome to the weird and wonderful world of Marketo 🙂

Within a single stream you can only have one cadence setting in place, so you can't really have the welcome email be within that stream and have it's own cadence.

There are two immediate ways I would look to do this:

• The welcome email is part of an independent stream, with a weekly cadence instead of a fortnightly cadence. On being sent the welcome email, people are immediately transitioned to the main content stream.
  • The welcome email is an independent program, which can still live within the nurture if you want, but not be sent via a stream - basically a standard default program sending emails, where you send via either a triggered or a scheduled smart campaign.

The former option keeps the whole thing together from a reporting perspective, which you may prefer, but the latter option gives you more flexibility as far as when the email is sent, which you may also prefer!

Either way, neither option would have any adverse impact on the other emails in the nurture.

Hope that helps to answer your question 🙂

ChelseaBarnes
Level 2

Thank you so much for the help! Those options make sense to me.😀