SOLVED

Engagement Program Cadence

Go to solution
Lauren_Galietti
Level 3

Engagement Program Cadence

I'm running an engagement program and the casts are set up for every 4 weeks on Wednesday.

I'd actually like it to run every week on Wednesday so that any new members of the program get an email the first Wednesday that they are in the program. However, I do not want members of the program to receive emails every week. I'd like them to receive emails every 4 weeks.

Any ideas on how to make this happen?

Thanks!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Engagement Program Cadence

I think there are a few options:  you could have a separate stream with one piece of content in the stream that sends every wednesday.  After they receive the content, you could move them to the next stream where they get cotent every 4 weeks.  Option 2 is that you send the first piece of content in the "add to engagement" smart campaign, then they will go into one of the streams.  Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have multiple streams in your subscription?
Lauren_Galietti
Level 3

We do. I have serveral streams set up - early, mid, late.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think there are a few options:  you could have a separate stream with one piece of content in the stream that sends every wednesday.  After they receive the content, you could move them to the next stream where they get cotent every 4 weeks.  Option 2 is that you send the first piece of content in the "add to engagement" smart campaign, then they will go into one of the streams.  Hope this helps.
Lauren_Galietti
Level 3

It helps. I will create an additional stream with one piece of content for now.

I think it would be cool if there was an option to not only set the cadence of the stream but also the frequency with which members of the stream can receive content from that stream. This would allow users to set their streams up to cast each week (or with whatever frequency they choose) but would prohibit the members of the campaign from receiving emails every week. Instead members of the stream would receive an email during the next cast for which they were "eligible."
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lauren:

You should submit that as an idea! I like it!

Lauren_Galietti
Level 3

Submitted the idea here: http://community.marketo.com/MarketoIdeaDetail?id=08750000000J1MTAA0