SOLVED

Re: Engagement Engine Inactive Content

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Engagement Engine Inactive Content

I'm working on my first Engagement Program and am looking for some clarification. I have a smart campaign adding new leads to my engagement program as they take certain actions. The engagment program is set to send an email every month.

My question is - if I deactive a piece of content in my engagement stream, will the system simply skip over it and send the next piece of content on the list? Or will it not send anything that month, wait until another month has passed and send the next piece?

Anyone know?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rebecca,
The engagemnet stream does not keep track of what spot in the stream a lead is in. When a cast goes out, the leads will be sent the peice of active content, closest to the top, that they have not received yet.

So, if the next peice of content is deactivated for a lead, they will skip it and be sent the following peice of content in the same cast. If you reactivate the email later, the lead will receive that email in its next cast.

If a lead is not exhausted, they will always receive an email with every cast.

Does that answer your question?

Thanks!
Will

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rebecca,
The engagemnet stream does not keep track of what spot in the stream a lead is in. When a cast goes out, the leads will be sent the peice of active content, closest to the top, that they have not received yet.

So, if the next peice of content is deactivated for a lead, they will skip it and be sent the following peice of content in the same cast. If you reactivate the email later, the lead will receive that email in its next cast.

If a lead is not exhausted, they will always receive an email with every cast.

Does that answer your question?

Thanks!
Will
Anonymous
Not applicable

That does answer my question! Thank you!  Do you also know if this is correct? - My smart campaign can add people to the engagement stream any day of the week but the engagement stream is set to only send an email on the 15th of each month. When a new lead enters the engagement stream it will not receive an email until the next scheduled send, correct?
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

That's correct, Rebecca.
Anthony_Vadala
Level 2

Hi All,

This discussion has been very helpful! - Quick question as well. When the trigger campaign adds new leads to the stream, they will start from the first piece of content correct?

So for instance, you could have X on his 1st cast and Y on his 4th?

Anthony 
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hey Anthony,

They will begin from the first piece of content which they have never received.  If the asset is unique to the engagment program, then the first assets will definitely be sent first, but if the asset is in use elsewhere, the lead may have been sent it previously and will skip that piece of content.
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Can you continually add new content to a stream or delete some emails at anytime?  I will continually add content to a stream every month that's related to our publication, but if someone is added to the engagement program 2 months from now, and if they start with the first emails from 2 months ago, it might be dated.  So my question is, can you remove the first 10 emails in a stream? except for the welcome and login instructions and continually add content until they move to the next stream which is the conversion stream?