SOLVED

Engaged Lead Status

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Engaged Lead Status

As I'm just trying to gather details of the basic flow from amrketo to our salesforce instance (I'm fairly new to the org and no internal sfdc admin contact), can anyone offer any insight regarding what is likely occurring, here? On the SFDC side, there are marketo lead syncs coming over as "engaged.' I'm probably overlooking but thus far and on the marketo end, I'm seeing Lead Status under Field Mapping, two picklists ... one for Lead, the other Contact.

My issue I guess is: I don't see the Lead Status under Fields.

I'm trying to hunt this down just to reconcile things in my mind;-) I did see "string," so ... is this "engaged" status being passed at a lower level, via the integration? Thx!

jz
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

Re: Engaged Lead Status

It's probably set as the default value in Salesforce for your lead status. I would check in your lead field setup in SFDC and see if that's the case. Otherwise you might have a workflow rule, trigger, or something else firing on the SFDC side.

You might also have a trigger campaign on the Marketo side that's setting the lead status upon inserting, but I don't know why that would be the case. Check in Salesforce first.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

It's probably set as the default value in Salesforce for your lead status. I would check in your lead field setup in SFDC and see if that's the case. Otherwise you might have a workflow rule, trigger, or something else firing on the SFDC side.

You might also have a trigger campaign on the Marketo side that's setting the lead status upon inserting, but I don't know why that would be the case. Check in Salesforce first.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hit the wrong button! 😉 It's a great answer, but didn't mean to do this.
Thanks, Matt. The Default is not engaged, nor is it a picklist option on the SFDC side. 
I don't think we have any rules or triggers on the SFDC side, so I'll look into this trigger you mentioned on the marketo end. Gracias.