Encode On24 {{member.webinar url}} token

Matt_Reilly1
Level 2

Encode On24 {{member.webinar url}} token

Hey Community,

I'm working on integrating On24 into a 3rd party calendar tool (AddEvent) and I'm trying to pass the {{member.webinar url}} token through to AddEvents API using URL parameters so an end user can receive their personal webinar link via Add to Calendar button directly in the emails. Unfortunately, the {{member.webinar url}} that ON24 passes to marketo uses a bunch "&'s" in the URL which aren't properly encoded in the HTML emails which effectively breaks the URL when passing it to AddEvent. I checked with Marketo support and they can't make any changes on the encoding behavior for this token on the backend. 

Does any have any tips for how to properly encode the token? Maybe email scripts?

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Encode On24 {{member.webinar url}} token

FYI, Agical.io supports an alternate query delimiter for exactly this reason.

Unfortunately, the {{member.webinar url}} that ON24 passes to marketo uses a bunch "&'s" in the URL which aren't properly encoded in the HTML emails which effectively breaks the URL when passing it to AddEvent.

They shouldn't be encoded by default. We're talking about URI encoding (not HTML encoding). URI encoding is only necessary because you're embedding a URL in another URL; if the original {{member.webinar url}} were URI-encoded it would be broken when used as a direct link.

You have 2 choices: