SOLVED

Embedding YouTube Video in email

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Embedding YouTube Video in email

I am new to Marketo and trying to create my first email campaign. In the email I am developing I would like to embed a YouTube video. How to I go about adding the video to the email? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John_Clark1
Level 10

Re: Embedding YouTube Video in email

Hi Amy,

The usual suggestion for doing this is to include a screenshot of the video in your email and then wrap that with a link to the actual video.  This will take leads directly to your video from the email.  I don't believe it's possible to have the video actually play right there in the email client.

John

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Amy,

The usual suggestion for doing this is to include a screenshot of the video in your email and then wrap that with a link to the actual video.  This will take leads directly to your video from the email.  I don't believe it's possible to have the video actually play right there in the email client.

John

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Email clients generally forbid the <object> or <video> tags to embed videos into HTML, so even if you added the required code, it would be unable to play.  This can also have a deleterious effect on deliverability, as it is more likely to be flagged as spam.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does any one have a suggestion or best practice in regard to whether to the video should be auto play (with sound) when the image of video is clicked from the email/

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

IMO, nothing is gained by autoplay and much is lost. If a user has a standard workflow of rotate or resize screen --> turn down volume or plug in phones --> press play, you're just going to annoy them. Plus mobile kills autoplay, anyway. Just make sure your player controls are user-friendly.